1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If this is the only way to ship my Springer to the custom shop...how do I find the hub? What about Fedex, do I need to go the hub for that?

·
Registered
523 Posts
The UPS hub I use for firearms shipping is listed as a "Customer Service Center" on their website.

Try the "location" search feature, and check for a local Customer Service Center.

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
Regarding FedEx, you have to use a dedicated FedEx store, or hub. The Kinkos folks will not/cannot accept a handgun for shipment. Don't know what would happen if you used a drop box, but my guess is that if you were honest on the shipper, you'd get it back.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
gun shop

If you are on good terms with your local gun shop just drop it off there. I have brought guns into the gun shop all ready packaged and postage paid so all they have to do is send it off with the pickups. That also means you could ship USPS Priority mail and save considerable money since USPS allows FFL to FFL. Priority mail will be about 1/3 the price of Fedex overnight or UPS overnight.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I had the same problem yesterday...

I called UPS, told them what I wanted to ship, and they gave me the address of a nearby hub.

·
Banned
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ups Customer Center
Staffed Location
1200 Ward Ave
West Chester, Pa 19380
800-742-5877
Well it's funny you mentioned that location. I went there today. Guess what's there? A company that does health insurance or some s$%& like that. Oh but there is a UPS drop box down the street.

Flustered, I called Fedex (because I remembered their number). The woman in India told me where the nearest Fexed hub was, so I went there. Cost me $72 dollars to ship to Spriingfield. Ouch. My rear end stiff hurts from that. 72 bucks man...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts