1911Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Think I found the website, but not sure for certain. Which "agency" do I select, etc.? I have a couple of pistols I would like to learn the history of.

TIA

·
Registered
17 Posts
LDAC (US Army)

Fill out all of the required info. I put $0 for maximum amount to spend as it's free. Only took 48 hours to get a response.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I received an email that they have my FOIA request.
'CLASSIFICATION: UNCLASSIFIED
This email is to inform you that LDAC has received your Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request, received by this office on July 21, 2021, reference number FP-XXXXXXXX.
The request is for ownership history on a Remington Rand M1911A1 serial number XXXX066 and an Ithaca M1911A1 serial number XXXX266.
The DoD Small Arms/Light Weapons Registry history only goes back to 1975 when the Registry was started.
FOIA Requests as received on a first-in, first-out basis. It may take up to 20 days for our office to complete the second level review.'

ponchsox; Thanks for your assistance.

·
Registered
760 Posts
I am not sure what you expect to find out. If it is the unit and or individual the pistols was to which it was issued, I can tell you right now there is over a 99% chance it ain't going to happen.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I don't think anyone expects to know the individual or unit. I found out mine was at the Missouri National Guard for 20 years before being transferred to the Rock Island Arsenal for storage. It gives you an idea where your pistol has been between 1975 and the CMP.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am not sure what you expect to find out. If it is the unit and or individual the pistols was to which it was issued, I can tell you right now there is over a 99% chance it ain't going to happen.
Your asinine facetious comment adds nothing to the topic; perhaps you could have stated something like, what kind of information are you hoping to get?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Received the information requested already; way more than I expected and is very informative to me.

LDAC did not find any information in the DoD Small Arms/Light Weapons Registry on the Remington Rand M1911A1 Pistol serial number XXXX066.

This letter is in response to your Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request dated July 19, 2021. The request is information on an Ithaca Pistol M1911A1 serial number XXXX266.

The following Information was found in the DoD Small Arms/Light Weapons Registry for an M1911A1, Pistol Caliber .45, Automatic, NSN: 1005-00-726-5655, Serial Number: XXXX266.

The records for this weapon are listed below in chronological order:
1. June 08, 1989 - The 4th Marine Regiment, 3rd Marine Division, III Marine Expeditionary Force - Camp Schwab/Okinawa, Japan shipped the weapon to the Anniston Munitions Center - Anniston, Alabama.

2. October 17, 1989 – The Anniston Munitions Center - Anniston, Alabama received the weapon from the 4th Marine Regiment, 3rd Marine Division, III Marine Expeditionary Force - Camp Schwab/Okinawa, Japan.

3. February 27, 1999 – The Anniston Munitions Center - Anniston, Alabama shipped the weapon to the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) Distribution - Anniston, Alabama.

4. February 27, 1999 – The DLA Distribution - Anniston, Alabama received the weapon from the Anniston Munitions Center - Anniston, Alabama.

5. September 08, 2000, January 31, 2003, January 29, 2004, January 23, 2005, February 12, 2006, January 29, 2007 and January 27, 2008 – The DLA Distribution - Anniston, Alabama conducted annual weapon serial number reconciliations on the weapon.

6. January 05, 2009 – The DLA Distribution - Anniston, Alabama shipped the weapon outside the DOD to the Law Enforcement Support Office (LESO)/1033 Program, DLA Disposition Services Headquarters - Battle Creek, Michigan.

. September 11, 2015 – The DLA Distribution - Anniston, Alabama received the weapon from the United States Army Tank Automotive and Armaments Command - Warren, Michigan.

8. May 01, 2016, March 05, 2017, June 04, 2017, March 31, 2019 and April 26, 2000 – The DLA Distribution - Anniston, Alabama conducted annual weapon serial number reconciliations on the weapon.

9. October 29, 2020 – The DLA Distribution - Anniston, Alabama shipped the weapon to the Tank Automotive and Armaments Command Civilian Marksmanship Program - Anniston, Alabama.

10.January 11, 2021 – The Tank Automotive and Armaments Command Civilian Marksmanship Program - Anniston, Alabama received the weapon from the DLA Distribution - Anniston, Alabama.

11.January 11, 2021 – The Tank Automotive and Armaments Command Civilian Marksmanship Program - Anniston, Alabama shipped the weapon outside the DOD to the Civilian Marksmanship Program South - Anniston, Alabama.

·
Premium Member
5,266 Posts
Your asinine facetious comment adds nothing to the topic; perhaps you could have stated something like, what kind of information are you hoping to get?
I am a bit confused with the anger in your response to The Wizard. He was correct in the fact you did not find anything out regarding one of the pistols you asked about. The information you did receive regarding the second pistol just went back to 1989. Your original post did not give any hint on what information you were seeking. I failed to see anything asinine about his response. It may be something all in the eyes of the beholder.

Grumpy

Reactions: The Wizard
1 - 9 of 9 Posts