1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far all I've been able to do is attach a URL but so far, no picture.

What's the secret to getting the actual picture to display?

·
Banned
4,947 Posts
Sign up for an account at photobucket.com. It's free. Upload your pictures there and then copy and paste the IMG url thingy into your post. Pretty simple but a little time consuming.

Like this;

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,328 Posts
Post your pictures to a hosting site - I use photobucket - where they provide appropriate links for emails, posting to internet forums, etc. I'm very low-tech, and it was very easy.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sign up for an account at photobucket.com. It's free. Upload your pictures there and then copy the url thingy into your post. Pretty simple but a little time consuming.
I have an account on Photobucket, which is where I'm getting the URL. there are 5-ish choices for URL's from which to choose from. In the two posts, I guess I haven't picked the right one.

Thanks,

·
Banned
4,947 Posts
I have an account on Photobucket, which is where I'm getting the URL. there are 5-ish choices for URL's from which to choose from. In the two posts, I guess I haven't picked the right one.

Thanks,
Open a picture. On the right there's a bunch dew hicky things. It's the bottom one. has IMG in front of it. Just click on it and it will say "copied". Come back here and "paste".

·
Banned
4,947 Posts
One thing to keep in mind is that I can click on your picture and see all you pictures and take and post them myself.

Here's one of my pistols.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
One thing to keep in mind is that I can click on your picture and see all you pictures and take and post them myself.

*deleted*

OH! UGH! that's ugly!. how do I prevent that? limit the images in a particular folder?

·
Banned
4,947 Posts

*deleted*

OH! UGH! that's ugly!. how do I prevent that? limit the images in a particular folder?
Just open another account with a yahoo email addy and only post stuff there that you don't care about. I can't change or add anything I can just look and copy.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
there would be copyright violations involved. i.e.: you using my Diamondback image.

but then, who really cares about that any more - besides me and a boat load of other photographers?

·
Registered
12,287 Posts
there would be copyright violations involved.
If you set your photo album in photobucket to "private", that should prevent others from being able to click on your picture and view the contents of your entire photo library. So, while that won't prevent a right-click-copy of that single image, it will deny folks from being able to observe your entire collection (if you uploaded pics of your complete arsenal).;)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If you set your photo album in photobucket to "private", that should prevent others from being able to click on your picture and view the contents of your entire photo library. So, while that won't prevent a right-click-copy of that single image, it will deny folks from being able to observe your entire collection (if you uploaded pics of your complete arsenal).;)
just did that.

first set the "Your Bucket" to private but noticed that the sub-folder was still set to Public.

then set the sub-folder to Private too. hopefully that works as you describe.

·
Banned
4,947 Posts
Thanks US1911. I didn't know that.:dope:

·
Registered
12,287 Posts
just did that. first set the "Your Bucket" to private but noticed that the sub-folder was still set to Public. then set the sub-folder to Private too. hopefully that works as you describe.
Thanks US1911. I didn't know that.:dope:
That should do the trick. Found that out a couple of years ago when I logged into photobucket and noticed that someone had commented on one of my photos. I searched photobucket's FAQ's and adjusted my privacy settings accordingly.

I guess it could be a good thing, if you had a particular sub-album that you wanted to share and have people follow your pics and make comment, in which case you could just set that album to public. But, I'd prefer not to have the unwanted attention, despite the fact that the never ending barrage of pics that I post here, might suggest otherwise.:p

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
I would also recommend the use if imgur over other photo hosting sights.

Why? Because Imgur doesn't require you to sign up for an account...although you certainly can if you want to. You can simply post a photo to the main wall and copy the URL and you're good to go.

Secondly, photos are really persistent. How many times have you come into an old post only to see that Photo Bucket message where a picture once was, saying the account had been closed or something? It is most annoying. That happens much less with imgur.

Lastly, imgur protects your privacy by automatically stripping out the meta data.

Instructions:

Go to www.imgur.com
Drag your pictures to anywhere on the imgur page
Click "upload"

Posting pictures to your thread:

Upload images to imgur (see above steps)
Get the imgur direct link
On 1911 Forum, click the picture icon at the top of your posting
Paste the direct link from imgur

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks! I may give that a try. It seems simple enough.

I hope you eventually get to Cabo.

I would also recommend the use if imgur over other photo hosting sights.

Why? Because Imgur doesn't require you to sign up for an account...although you certainly can if you want to. You can simply post a photo to the main wall and copy the URL and you're good to go.

Secondly, photos are really persistent. How many times have you come into an old post only to see that Photo Bucket message where a picture once was, saying the account had been closed or something? It is most annoying. That happens much less with imgur.

Lastly, imgur protects your privacy by automatically stripping out the meta data.

Instructions:

Go to www.imgur.com
Drag your pictures to anywhere on the imgur page
Click "upload"

Posting pictures to your thread:

Upload images to imgur (see above steps)
Get the imgur direct link
On 1911 Forum, click the picture icon at the top of your posting
Paste the direct link from imgur

1 - 20 of 26 Posts