1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How would you compare the SR1911 commander compared to the Dan Wesson CBOB? Just wondering what kind of trade off if I got rid of a Dan Wesson and bought the Ruger.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good question! Haha. Well, I had somebody offer me a lot more than what I paid for it. I don't want to sell it at all, but I could sell it, buy this brand new, and still have money left over. I just don't know if it would be a good trade off or not. I haven't seen the Ruger in real life yet.

·
Registered
378 Posts
shooting buddy

I've got a 5" DW and a 5" Ruger and both are good guns that reflect their price point. Now I am contemplating buying a Ruger CMD and having it bobtailed, night sighted and maybe a trigger job so I could end up with.....well, a cheaper C- Bob or V-Bob. Even with good gunsmithing it still probably wouldn't be quite the equal of a DW.
So....my answer to this question would be a definite ...NO!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Hang on to your CBOB (Except for CA, discontinued else where in the US)!

Save up $ and buy a SR1911 (available anywhere except for CA)!

CBOB $ has been and continued to go up ($1100 to $1550); SR1911 has been flat for a long while ($499 Thanksgiving special $ somewhere)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, thanks for the responses. Kind of what I figured, but wanted to get another opinion. I'm sure the quality doesn't even compare to the cbob, but I thought I'd get a win-win, with a brand new gun, and money left over. I think I'll just keep my cbob.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts