1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I installed a solid guide rod and a Clark bushing set-up in a p-12 (officers) slide and although it seems to function , the more I read the more I wonder. The guide rod bushing set-up does not let the slide travel as far rearward during recoil as the factory set-up. Factory, the breach face travels +/- 1/8'' past disconnector and with Clark set-up the breach face barely clears the disconnector. Of course my question is should I be concerned with less travel and is there a certain amount of travel a slide should have during recoil?

edited: double checked, and distance difference not as far as thought, but still difference of thicker guide rod flange and flange on Clark bushing, so question remains same.

·
Registered
284 Posts
The guide rod flange could be too thick, or it may have been designed to be used with a reverse plug of different design. The tolerances are stacking, limiting slide travel.

·
Banned
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The guide rod flange could be too thick, or it may have been designed to be used with a reverse plug of different design. The tolerances are stacking, limiting slide travel.
the guide rod flange is a little thicker than the original but if the gun is functioning should I be concerned with shorter slide travel

·
Registered
226 Posts
you could possible stone or file off some thickness from the flange on the reverse plug.
1/32" could be the difference. just don't let the flange get too thin, or it could fail

·
Premium Member
14,534 Posts
It's fine.

LOG

1 - 7 of 7 Posts