1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, all......

Six months ago I ordered a 10mm CCO, gave my deposit, and waited.

And waited and waited and waited.....

So.... just now I asked if I could cancel the order and have my deposit refunded.

Am I being too impatient? Is it worth the wait? I'm not looking forward to another caliber to hunt for!

·
Registered
121 Posts
I sent them a frame and barrel in June 2019. They were fitting the barrel to the slide, fitting the slide to the frame, and hard chroming the slide. I got it back at the end of April 2020. Well worth the wait, it is my edc now. After getting it back, I took it and 5 other handguns out to my range, and put each through a Gunsite drill starting at 3 yards and going out to 50 yards. My Fusion/Kimber was by far the most accurate! Be patient, quality takes time!

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Just be patient I would say. Bob kind of explained things in his latest YouTube video yesterday. They are swamped. It’s worth the wait in my opinion. Try emailing Tyler, he was very good at returning my emails.

·
Registered
Trumark Wrist Rocket
433 Posts
I placed an order for what was described as an 'in-stock' Longslide in .45ACP. There was a couple of 'promised by' dates that were missed; it was delivered to me in 18 total weeks. COVID had an impact on their supply chain during my build. Customer demand has had an impact on their delivery dates; they have never been this busy, ever! Now that I have it, it has seen the most rounds of any 1911 that I have.

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Just to add my 2 cents.....
I placed an order for a CCO in early May. Today I received a phone call saying my pistol is ready to ship.
It was a little bit longer wait time than my first Fusion (several years ago), but I knew this up front and certainly did not mind waiting. It’s tough to be patient, but it’s also well worth it. :)

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Just to add my 2 cents.....
I placed an order for a CCO in early May. Today I received a phone call saying my pistol is ready to ship.
It was a little bit longer wait time than my first Fusion (several years ago), but I knew this up front and certainly did not mind waiting. It’s tough to be patient, but it’s also well worth it. :)
Please post a picture when you get it....

·
Registered
19 Posts
I ordered a Freedom series 10mm Long Slide last August, I just about doubled the price with addons. Spoke with them in October and they hoping for "Around Christmas " I'm hoping its not next Christmas. Lol

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hi all
I contacted fusion about placing an order and was told early April for delivery. By the sounds of it that’s very optimistic. The kicker was I was told I had to pay 100% up front. Is this normal? I’m really hesitant to pay 100% up front and not sure if I should proceed

·
Registered
Trumark Wrist Rocket
433 Posts
Is this normal?
This pre-payment in full was required of me last April when I ordered. I am not sure if they will accept your order any other way. I paid with a credit card, so that gave me a little protection ... I think. For what it's worth, I feel that Fusion is not a fly-by-night company. I think that they can be trusted to deliver your pistol as long as outside political forces do not interfere. My .45 ACP longslide took 18 weeks to build and deliver, compared to a 6 week delivery promise that they made when I ordered it. I am happy with the outcome, though.

·
Registered
107 Posts
This pre-payment in full was required of me last April when I ordered. I am not sure if they will accept your order any other way. I paid with a credit card, so that gave me a little protection ... I think. For what it's worth, I feel that Fusion is not a fly-by-night company. I think that they can be trusted to deliver your pistol as long as outside political forces do not interfere. My .45 ACP longslide took 18 weeks to build and deliver, compared to a 6 week delivery promise that they made when I ordered it. I am happy with the outcome, though.
I don’t mind the wait at all it’s the uncertainty
Thank you for the encouraging words I appreciate it. Bob Serva knows his way around a 1911 being the former head of DW and quality is worth the wait

·
Registered
19 Posts
I ordered mine last August and only had to pay half up front. I have since paid for it in full since I had the cash on hand. Still waiting on delivery however.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts