1911Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sent my UC IIe to kimber to get my exstractor problem fixed. I get a FTE ever 20-25 rounds. I witch is to many times for me. I just got there today. How long does it normaly take for them to fix this kinda problem and ship it back.

I miss my gun. :bawling:

·
Banned
7,483 Posts
Three (3) days the first time. I'd have really been impressed if they'd fixed it. Still failed to extract.

About ten (10) days the second time. Still failed to extract....

Shoot it immediately upon receipt. Call Kimber for a call tag so it goes back the next time at their expense.

-- Chuck

·
Registered
21 Posts
Turn Around

Just got my Kimber Custom II back tonight. :) Was having FTE's. They polished push rod, reamed barrel chamber, replaced extractor with a .120 and polished the feed ramp. The work looks good to me. :cool: After doing a little research on this site I am going to clean and lubricate it up tonight and maybe shoot tomorrow. I am also thinking about carrying a little oil to the range and apply more oil after the first fifty rounds or so just to make sure it does not dry out. I am approaching 600 rounds so that may assist in the "breaking in" process.

Turn around time was exactly 2.5 weeks! Pretty good if all goes well. :cool:

Update: 11/10/05- Just got back from the range. Shot about 84 rounds. One FTE due to my limp wristing a shot. The pistol shoots like a dream. Incredibly accurate. Now the spent cartridges are ejecting and banging against the walls at the range.:rock: :rock: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.