1911Forum banner

How long usually to get a gun back from SA?

784 Views 5 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  G1FAL
How long usually to get a gun back from SA? *UPDATE*

I sent my pistol back to Springfield today, with a letter explaining the problem, per the instructions of the nice lady I talked to on the phone.

Anyone know how long it usually takes to get your pistol back from them? I'm just needing it fixed, no custom work or anything like that.

UPDATED: SA called me yesterday (Wednesday), I called them back today and my pistol should be here tomorrow. The woman on the phone (Megan, she was real nice, I think I'll keep her ext.# in case I ever have to call SA again) told me they reamed the chamber (I think?), polished the feed ramp, and test fired it, and didnt have any more problems.

I'm hoping that the BBT drops it off early so I can get to the range and put some rounds thru it.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
8,302 Posts
had two 1911's in for slide to frame fit work a couple months apart from each other. first came back exactly two weeks to the day i sent it off. the second came back in 8 working days instead of 10. in my case the work was done very well and has held up fine through 1000's of rounds per each gun.

ditto...call the shop after you know it has arrived and get an estimated time of return. real nice folks there.

be safe, shoot well. :rock:

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. I'll give SA a call today after 3 pm (it will definately be there by then, I didnt pay the extra for FedEx to get it there by 1000) and see what they can tell me.

I'm seriously hoping that they get it back to me soon. This is my concealed carry/things that go bump in the night pistol. I dont think my wife would take too kindly to me taking her 1911 because mine is in the shop.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.