1911Forum banner
1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many guns should one person own? In case you didn't know there's a mathematical formula for it.

X = [number of guns one currently owns]
Y = [number of guns one needs]
Y = X + 1

·
Registered
128 Posts
How many guns should one person own? In case you didn't know there's a mathematical formula for it.

Y = X + 1
Z - As many as one wants...

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
14,102 Posts
Desperate times call for "desperate" threads ;) ...But NP OP, you are't the only one posting as such especially over in the 2A-Political Folder (I guess it is called "click-bait").(y)

My contribution: Honestly, it is like going through "discovery", If I knew 10 years ago what I know now about firarms, what works best for me, and what doesn't, I'd probably have, hum, lets round it off to 30% less guns overall.

So, I'll play along, my formula might be:
Y=X-30%+1...The "1" is just in case.:p

Yea, I could sell some and I have sold a few to my neighbor over the years...Don't need the money so haven't got around to the others I don't use much at the range.

·
Registered
8,658 Posts
;) Have as many legally owned guns you want and can afford, or save your money and purchase a gun shop with a good inventory of all types of pistols, rifles, and shotguns!

I recently discussed the possible sale of one of my guns, the man was very cordial and complimented me about the gun, the trigger break, etc. but offered less than half the value of the money I spent on parts to build the gun..... He was obviously a collector, and had a lot of guns.....but I must assume since I explained that I was retired, he thought I needed money.....but he was wrong.....LOL It was a big waste of my time and his.....

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
^^ He thought he was going to take advantage of a poor old guy down on his luck I guess . That is pretty sorry, not a nice person . Bargaining is one thing, that is something different . I once had a guy offer about 2/3s the asking price for a Harley, I replied, ok tell ya what I'll take double the asking price. He said , no really, I'm serious and I said I am to, now get the hell out of here !!

·
Premium Member
7,142 Posts

Y = X + 1
2 ....

... many.

May have misspelled something there.
;- j

·
Premium Member
7,142 Posts
Reactions: Phreddie30.06

·
Registered
904 Posts
As many as they want, but that changes over time. I find that I would rather have half a dozen top quality guns, but have accumulated a lot of guns that I thought were interesting at the time, but now don't shoot.
That's me. I've been selling. I'm at a point where I want to sell more but am finding it painful to do. Too many for me still though.

1 - 20 of 119 Posts