1911Forum banner
81 - 100 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've had several RG 66s... Good Tacklebox Gun loaded with Rat shot for Water Snakes. They were a Cast Frame, not Forged. At .22LR they were acceptable, above .32 and it was a Grenade waiting to go to pieces. The H&Rs were Milled Frame. I have 2 H&Rs in the safe, Both inherited from an Uncle.

·
Registered
19 Posts
One more today than yesterday...

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Gotta Love Shoestring Relatives I've inherited about 7 from 3rd Cousins and Great Uncles because No One else in the Family wanted them. Got a really nice 1976 700BDL in .308 back two years ago from a Brother-in-law of a 2nd Cousin on my Fathers side... I've met Twice in my Life... Go Figure

·
Registered
29 Posts
;) Have as many legally owned guns you want and can afford, or save your money and purchase a gun shop with a good inventory of all types of pistols, rifles, and shotguns!

I recently discussed the possible sale of one of my guns, the man was very cordial and complimented me about the gun, the trigger break, etc. but offered less than half the value of the money I spent on parts to build the gun..... He was obviously a collector, and had a lot of guns.....but I must assume since I explained that I was retired, he thought I needed money.....but he was wrong.....LOL It was a big waste of my time and his.....
What is a legally owned gun? One that the government lets you???

·
Administrator
75,876 Posts
Oh Lord, Raven-ZAMAC strikes again! As I recall... the RG line of revolvers was particularly bad. For that matter the H&R double actions were generally terrible. Some of the Charter's were pretty nasty there for a few years (or more), although newer and very older ones are much better than the dark days production.

Q. I have an old H&R .38 "Smith and Wesson!" how much is it worth?
A. Well if it only weighed as much as a boat anchor, it would be worth just as much.

Jennings was another dixie cup gun. Trying to remember those chrome .380's that used to be popular with a certain sect of the populace in these parts... Phoenix maybe?

All are sure signs of madness, or abject boredom with life.
As I mentioned it the Saturday Night Special thread I actually own a Jennings J-22. It's also one of only 5 or 6 guns I still have that I've owned since I first became old enough to buy a gun! Not because it's a classic or brings any sense of nostalgia. It's simply too cheap to sell or even give away. Fortunately it doesn't take up much room in the safe or else I probably would've smashed it with a hammer by now.

·
Registered
44 Posts
How many guns should one person own? In case you didn't know there's a mathematical formula for it.

X = [number of guns one currently owns]
Y = [number of guns one needs]
Y = X + 1
Fabulous equation. Just in case it returns a number that the owner feels is too small, here is an alternative.

N = ideal number of guns one should own

L= life (measured in years)
O = opportunity
T = time spent on Gunbroker
S = sympathetic wife

N = L*O*T*S

Household hardware Machine Metal Auto part Wood

81 - 100 of 119 Posts