1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ask because we have one "Master dealer" in town...They used to carry a very good selection of Kimbers...now it seems they only have a couple at a time...Its frustrating...I like to buy local...but they seem to have given up on the Kimber.

The salesmen say that they are still a Master dealer...But..I would think that you have to carry a broader cross section of the product to be one.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Bronco, I feel your pain. We have two master dealers in town. One only has 4-5 Kimbers in stock, and they're either Gold Matches or ultra carry models. The other guy has everything, but his prices are higher.

The big problem is that neither have any polymer Kimbers!

Mike

·
Registered
421 Posts
It isn't how many guns, but how much money the dealer spends and I think it has to be in a single order at the beginning of the year, or after 12 months have transpired from the previous MD license.

I do know that my local guy has indicated he won't be a Master Dealer next year. He has a small business; Kimber raised his requirement to (I believe) $5000. That's a considerable hunk of change for a little guy to spend at a single manufacturer in a single order.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Kimbers seem to be in great demand at my local gunshop and there is a "master dealer" sticker on the door. Yet strangely, there's never more than two Kimbers in the display case at a time. They mainly stock the low-enders and have people order the Gold Matches and such.

Luckily, I happened to stop in one day when he was checking in two Custom CDPs. He got a deal on them by ordering two. I bought one. Burned my bank account REAL bad.

I remember seeing a large selection of Kimbers when the sign first went up. I think he dropped the "master" dealer thing and went with a lesser option. By the way, he traded for a MINT first generation S&W model 39 today. It was in the case tagged at three hundred bucks.

So many guns, so little money...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts