1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
I belong in the Hall of Shame for once selling a pre-64 Model 70 Featherweight in .270 Winchester. I still get mildly nauseous when I think about that.

I've sold some other guns but don't regret those sales. I deeply regret the loss of a couple that were stolen.

------------------
If God didn't want us to own guns, why did He make the 1911?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Have only sold 1 gun. A Ruger MKII. Don't miss it one bit.

What I do regret selling was an early '70's Tele. I really miss it. It waqs really nice. Great action for a Tele, but that's a different story.

·
Administrator
72,106 Posts
My sole regret is a pre-ban Bushmaster AR, simply because the thing was a one-hole wonder. What made it even more painful was I did it because I needed the money to buy a truck, which subsequently blew its engine a few months later.

------------------
D. Kamm
USGI M1911/M1911A1 Pistols Website
http://usgi1911.tripod.com

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
You had to open old sores.
A pair of right and left Randall 1911A1's, all the left hand mags, the right/left hand holsters, belt and two magazine pouches.
The Springfield 1911, 85+% condition.
The FN M-48 in .30-06.
The Mauser broomhandle with holster/stock, 90% condition.
The 2nd generation Colt SAA in .357, 4 3/4" barrel, shot like it had eyes.

And then there were those that I gave a party after selling:
The two S&W M-59's that never worked right, even after a trip back to Springfield.
The .22 derringer that shot 4 foot high and 3 foot to the left (as best we could ever tell).
The 9m/m "Linda' carbine.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
MOLON LABE
Leonidas c 480 BC
FFF

·
Registered
605 Posts
Only one... a first year production S&W 3913 that I sold to finance the purchase the H&K P7M8. That little S&W was a great pistol.

What I really regret are all those guns I didn't buy even when I had the money. Too many of those to count.

·
Administrator
72,106 Posts
Originally posted by Jim V:
A pair of right and left Randall 1911A1's, all the left hand mags, the right/left hand holsters, belt and two magazine pouches.
Were you simply insane, or was there a female involved?

------------------
D. Kamm
USGI M1911/M1911A1 Pistols Website
http://usgi1911.tripod.com

·
Registered
259 Posts
I once made the mistake of getting rid of a Colt Delta Elite. The gun had a load of custom work performed on it. It had 3 barrels including a compensated .40 S&W barrel that shot like a dream. I had a ton of magazines and extras for it too. At the time, it was my only 1911.

I traded it for a Benelli shotgun. I use the shotgun much more than I ever used the pistol, but I still miss the Delta from time to time even though I have other 1911's now. I have never parted with another gun since.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Don't miss any of the Colts that I never owned. I know this is off topic, but at least it is a first for ME.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have sellers remorse after gu I sell, even at a good profit...but I do have a few I will NEVER SELL All my Kimbers (5) and my single action sixshooters...

·
Registered
140 Posts
I had an excellent condition Colt Bullseye Match Target .22. Made in 1938. Original elephant ear grips. Sold it off to buy an International Scout. Regreted it the minute I walked out of the gunshop. BTW, Gander Mountain offered me $150 for it. I laughed at him.

------------------

"Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice Doggie' until you can find a rock"

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Several, but the one that sticks out in my mind was the bottom mag release .380 Walther PP, pre-war, fully engraved. Did not have much finish and it bothered me. Did not bother Jim Rankin, the guy who wrote the 3 series excellent Walther books, who eventually ended up with it.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Well, I have only been a gun enthusiast for about 3-years, and within that time I have bought, sold and/or traded several...

What bothers my Wife is that every one I bought or traded-for I said would be the end-all handgun(?).

What bothers me is that I should have saved, and saved, until I was ready for a high-dollar 1911 (ie. Wilson, Baer or Brown).

Point of this is - patience...

Thanks and Happy Shooting, Thunder25

·
Registered
674 Posts
NIB Sig P226 with 3 preban mags back in the late 80's.

I've learned my lesson though. I keep what I have and save up instead of selling trading.

------------------
The United States Constitution (C)1791 - All rights reserved.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The one gun I sold and later regretted was a Colt SAA in .44-40 made in 1899. Some fool had chromed it and the first time I shot it the finish flaked off the cylinder in big chunks. I got it in a trade for a 1911A1 Remington Rand I regret getting rid of. Wish I still had both but life doesn't work that way.

·
Banned
1,082 Posts
I have two I regret selling. A 1998 STS GC Trophy I sold in 2000. Because it was nib and worth keeping that way. The best looking gun I ever owned. The newest batch looks like a 91 in comparison. And only high end Ed Browns can compare to the modern beauty of this discontinued model. Also miss the euro P220. Because it was an ultimately reliable gun. Which did'nt care if it was hot, cold, dirty, clean, lubed, dry, loaded with 185 hollow or 230 lead ball. It just never jammed ever. Don't miss the STS 1991 easy to replace. Or the Llama .380 jamomatic. Don't want to replace.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Guns I've sold and regretted or not regretted doing so:

Beretta SA .380 - don't regret it
Taurus PT 99-AF 9mm - regret it
S&W Mod 629 8-3/8" .44 mag - regret it
S&W Mod 1006 10mm - don't regret it
FIE .25 - don't regret it

·
Registered
318 Posts
Wow, Python, you sold a 1006. those things are collector's items, even if you did not like your s( I love mine and all the 1086s). I collect all the SMith 10mms I can. I am surprised you did not like the Beretta 380s, either. I love my 84F. Huge, cumbersome, and still nice. I am VERY surprised you miss your Taurus PT99. Wow. Those guns are THAT good? I am wanting to get rid of a Taurus PT945, but I just know I am going regret selling it after I get rid of it. I have never sold a gun yet. I just go hungry, and wear old out-of-date clothes, drive an old pick-up truck, live in an older house....but I still have all of my guns, and no regrets. :) Peace of mind is a wonderful thing!

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I traded a brand new 4" Model 27 for a Ruger stainless Redhawk .357 which was also new. I wish that I had kept the Model 27 and just bought the Redhawk outright. At least I never traded any of my Randalls off and never will.

7th

------------------
Support Your Local Police

1 - 20 of 59 Posts