1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the local gunshops has a TRP that they claim in NIB for $1164+tax, but they say it only comes with one mag. Springfield's website says it comes with two. Is the gun shop trying to rip someone off or did some only come with one?

Dman

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Mine came with 2 magazines.

·
Registered
893 Posts
A TRP should come in a blue or black Springfield hard case containing the pistol sealed in a blue Ziploc type bag, an orange chamber flag, a GI type cleaning brush, a warning card, an owner's manual, and TWO MAGAZINES with rubber basepads.

In addition it may have an accessory discount coupon and or a sealed envelope containing a fired cartridge case for the required voodoo in those states foolish/ignorant enough to have passed "ballistic fingerprint" registration rules.

$1164 is pushing top dollar depending on your locality.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Right - two mags, a brush, and paperwork.

It should also come with another plastic bag containing a large and small Allen wrench and two "keys" for the backstrap lock.

-Dave

·
Registered
270 Posts
2 Mags

I understand that Kimber only ships 1 mag with thier pistol's because they say the dealers take one and leave one in the box If they put 2 in there.Maybe the shop is doing that to you!Because everyone is saying two comes with the TRP!

·
Banned
1,370 Posts
Indeed, should come with 2 SS mags with bumper pads. Mine however shipped with one but SA was more than happy to ship me the missing mag.

Oh ya.....I musta done got plum cheated as I didn't get any plastic shipping bags. I just have these Blue Team Springfield velour bags with gold ties.

Karsten

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies. I know it had the case but I'm not sure about the other stuff. I didn't have a chance to check it over, but it struck me odd that it had only one mag and wanted to check. Unfortunately that's the cheapest I've seen one around here. I may have to go to an online distributor to get a better price.

Thanks again,

Dman

·
Premium Member
20,363 Posts
I'll bet the dealer would sell you a second...:hrm:
That's an old trick.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
AZ Husker said:
I'll bet the dealer would sell you a second...:hrm:
That's an old trick.
That's what I figured he was planning on doing. Oh well, I guess that gun's going to sit on his shelf some more.

Dman.............

1 - 10 of 10 Posts