1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own two Staccato (STI) pistols, both in 9mm. I am very happy with them and shoot them at least once a week. One of them is on me almost all of the time.

The thing is I do like the .45 caliber. I know that Staccato did not have any demand for their products in .45 and that was why they dropped it from production.

I would like to buy a Staccato P Duo in .45 caliber. How many of you would also?

·
Premium Member
13,031 Posts
I have a costa carry comp in 45...I do appreciate how it shoots, fast and accurate, I do appreciate STI's willingness to fix warranty problems...However, after the gun has been back many times in 3 years, once for a cracked slide, many times for "tuning", i have to be honest and recognize, overall, they are not built as well as my Wilson Combats.

Am I glad I purchased this STI?, Yes it is a fun gun to shoot, would I buy another? Likely not, unless they come out with some new 45 model which was so unique I just couldn't resist...Unlikely to happen anytime soon (new unique 45 model), so I see this as a win-win situation ;-).

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
I bought one of the last of them from GB and will never sell it.

Am guessing lower male testosterone in too many males nowadays and refusal to get proper training with a pistol that advertises its power lead to a lack of demand.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Have the Staccato P Duo in 45 as well as three others in 45, its a real shame with their current lack of calibers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts