1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

The CBOB is on my short list. DW site states 8 in the mag, but I'm reading some threads that say 7 plus 1. Can you tell me which one? Also, why would DW come out with a 10mm version? Any advantage to that? One extra round maybe? Thanks

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
Also, why would DW come out with a 10mm version? Any advantage to that? On extra round maybe? Thanks
My 10mm CBOB holds 8+1 with the standard DW mags and with my Chip McCormick's I can get 9+1. As to the why question, caliber choice is about meeting specific needs and performance requirements. I personally prefer the 10mm performance over the 45acp since I use my CBOB for self defense and I carry it when I go up into the mountains here which happens to be black bear country. So the 10mm round in the CBOB platform is the perfect fit for me.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Hi,

The CBOB is on my short list. DW site states 8 in the mag, but I'm reading some threads that say 7 plus 1. Can you tell me which one? Also, why would DW come out with a 10mm version? Any advantage to that? One extra round maybe? Thanks
Why would DW make a 10mm? Power! One more round and almost twice as powerful per round.

·
Premium Member
1,670 Posts
One of the reasons you might see different round counts in the 10mm
CBOB is simply some mags take different amounts. In 2007 some of
the Checkmate mags actually held 9 rounds. I asked Scott about this
and yes they ordered 8 round mags and yes they got some that held 9.
I know this because my factory mags hold 9 although I only trust them
with 8. I don't remember hearing about a 10mm CBOB taking 7:scratch:
Could be wrong but I would think perhaps someone refereed to a 7 round
mag in 45 at some point.

·
Registered
509 Posts
.45ACP CBOBs come with two 8 round, flush-fit, stainless mags.
(And they work really well)

·
Registered
872 Posts
I have a plethora of .45 mags and most are ok..The mags that came with the CBOB are the best looking of the bunch and work 100%..
Just like everything else on/in this beautiful gun...

I'm just so happy with this new DW I can't shut up..

·
Registered
440 Posts
.45ACP CBOBs come with two 8 round, flush-fit, stainless mags. (And they work really well)
My CBOB purchased in Jan/Feb of 2009 came with two, 8 round mags but they weren't flush. They had "bump pads" that extended out a bit. They have been 100%.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Mine was a late '07 model purchased January '08. It was shipped w/two seven round mags. One of them did not work properly. I called Scott, he sent me out another one that looked just the same as the other two but it was an eight rounder. I've switched almost exclusively to Wilson 47D's, but I still keep the checkmates around as they work just fine and you can never have too many magazines. I'm also trying to rebuild some old flush-fitting colt 7 rounders with tripp kits.

·
Registered
509 Posts
My CBOB purchased in Jan/Feb of 2009 came with two, 8 round mags but they weren't flush. They had "bump pads" that extended out a bit. They have been 100%.
Interesting. I got mine in August.

My Wilson 47D's work great as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts