1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. this is my first post here and i would like to know the roundcount through everyones S&W 1911s.
I am thinking about buying one of the 4.25" models to use as a carry gun.
It is going to be replacing my stainless 5in colt. My colt has about 60,000 rounds through it.
Will the S&W guns be able to handle this many rounds, if I replace the springs regularily.
I also shoot nothing but 230gr. ball ammo when i practice, and 230gr hydrashocks is load i carry.
So how about it how? how many rounds do you have through your S&W.

thanks
dwp

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
2500+ in less than a year........

You wont' be disappointed. I only shoot and carry 230g fmj ball. You will not be disappointed about anything on the SW1911 with the exception of barrel crown. You can fix that with SW. Welcome aboard to the forum. Great place and you will learn a lot. I know I did and still do.....:D

Good luck with your SW and best regards,
Joseph

Attachments

·
Registered
335 Posts
I put about 3500 through mine in a couple of months with no problems though it did have some ammo related glitches. It didn't like Hornady XTPs but fed everything else beautifully.

Steve

·
Registered
609 Posts
I only have fired a thousand rounds through mine but I'm really happy, mine gets fed with ball too

·
Registered
8,307 Posts
welcome and enjoy.....great place here.

clean it, lube it, keep it maintained, shoot it.....it should last way on out there round count wise.

i'll have 4000+ 230 gr. FMJ through my S&W Basic Stainless by the time she is a year old. simply love that gun. i did put a new Kart barrel in just because i wanted to "mod up" one of my 1911's and man does she shot well.

be safe, shoot well. :rock:

·
Registered
146 Posts
I bought mine used...not sure how many rounds it had through it before I purchased it. I don't think it was very many...less than 1,000 for sure.

I've only put 200 rds. through it.

joszx67...did you have yours bead blasted to take the writing off, or another finish applied?

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Blasphemer! The billboard is a thing of beauty! :p

;)

I have about 3000 rounds through my 1911SC. Once some of the finish wore off the frame rails in its initial use, the wear seems to have stopped.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
noahfn said:
joszx67...did you have yours bead blasted to take the writing off, or another finish applied?
Nope, that would be hard chrome ala Tripp Research. Virgil Tripp said he couldn't save the billboard. I was a little disappointed but it was worth it.:D Maybe I should call SW and see if they can reapply the Billboard........:dope:

Best regards,
Joseph

·
Registered
228 Posts
Tac Four said:
Blasphemer! The billboard is a thing of beauty! :p

;)

I have about 3000 rounds through my 1911SC. Once some of the finish wore off the frame rails in its initial use, the wear seems to have stopped.
HAHAHA - as a member of the 'Big BillBoard is Best' squad, I agree!

I've prolly got well over 4k+ through mine since I bought it about x-mas last year (1 session had around 300 rounds in an hour between me and a couple friends basically non-stop shooting), been busy lately so I haven't gotten out to shoot much... :(

I did buy some new grips so it wouldn't feel neglected!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts