1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering what you guys consider broke in? I am trying to get the CBOB properly broken in so I can work it into my carry consideration of the day. I shot a couple hundred rounds through it and no issues at all to speak of. For the Kimber I waited around 500 rounds then carried it to the range with a few mags full of my defense rounds and ran em all through with no issues so I dubbed it my carry from then on. I really want to carry my BOB and my gf is chompin at the bit to get the Kimber...:) Any way what say you?

-Chris

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
It's all your decision, whatever makes you comfortable. I've heard some guys going 100 rounds, others, "1k without failures" before they're confident. My opinion only, I'd probably go the same routine you did with the Kimber.

·
Banned
1,327 Posts
I say...

you put a few hundred through it... I put a few hundred through it...

Then Charger puts a few hundred through it... then he should be able to get a few hundred for it!! :eek::eek:

:biglaugh:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I say...

you put a few hundred through it... I put a few hundred through it...

Then Charger puts a few hundred through it... then he should be able to get a few hundred for it!! :eek::eek:

:biglaugh:
:rofl: Sounds like a plan to me. I carried it this morning around town and I must say I would feel more comfortable with the Kimber on my side till I run more lead through the "enlightened one".

-Chris

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
I field stripped mine when it was brand new, removed the recoil spring, cleaned, lubed, and reassembled with FP-10 as the lube. Racked the slide about 300 times, dry fired it dozens of times, then cleaned, lubed, and reassembled. Took it to the range and ran under 100 rounds through it with virtually no FTF or FTE. Since then I've put another 200 to 300 rounds of reload through the gun with not a single problem.

I switch up between my Glock 23 and my CBOB for EDC.

Sounds like you are on the right track to me. Be sure that you are completely comfortable with the weapon in order to carry it with confidence.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Absolutely. I would carry it now cause the feel good factor (good god this gun looks great!) but my life isn't the only one that relies on it. So the Mimber goes back in the holster for now.

-Chris

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
Sounds like a good plan Chris. Carry safely.

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
Well since my life insurance is paid up, my wife wants me to carry one that jams.:bawling:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts