1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a Para P-13 SS, new with 190 rounds through it?

·
Registered
703 Posts
According to your previous post, I thought you loved this gun, plastic mag catch and all. Why do you want to sell it now?

------------------
If it wasn't for the NRA, the second ammendment would already be gone!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well blanks, yesterday was "Hell on Wheels" so to speak. my rear sight came loose and nearly off of the slide 2 times, I had 4 jams, and when i cleaned it last night there was some rust in the barrel lock grooves on the slide. I shot 100 rounds yesterday, and had to stop and tighten the sight in mid stride twice.

I am not for sure I want to sell it yet, but in case I do, I wanted to get an idea of how much I might get.

I was a bit dissappointed after yesterdays shooting. I was trying to figure out why I was shooting far right, and when I saw that the rear sight had almost come off the slide...that answered my question.

Some one at the range told me a little fix to try, and he said it is one of the things you have to mess with on a gun sometimes.

Considering the ammount of money I paid for my gun, I should not have to fix or mess with anything after I have had it for a good long time! IMHO

------------------
"Better to have that and not need it, than to need it and not have it."

Capt. Woodrow F. Call (Lonesome Dove)

[This message has been edited by Jon Perez (edited 11-19-2001).]

·
Registered
350 Posts
For the sites,,,,a little blue locktite will cure that problem.....Rust,,,,,was there any grease at all present??? When I took my Para it had plenty. Sounds like it came from the factory pretty dry.

4 jams in the first 190 rounds,,,,,You might want to put a few more through there before calling in the jury.

I have a Kimber that was a little picky till I ran a few hundred through it and since it has been rock solid in the reliability department.

Thanks,
H4444

·
Registered
454 Posts
Originally posted by Jon Perez:
For a Para P-13 SS, new with 190 rounds through it?

well the gun retails for 825.00 or so
and if you got it from a good dealer
you paid 650 to 700 being stainless.
how many mags you got? add about 65.00
per mag that is if you are actually
wanting to make it sell. depending on
gun availibility in your area, i would
go with 600 to 650 + extra hi cap mags.
if you have many and good dealers in
your area you may have to come down 50.00
i have sold many guns in the paper in a
gun starved area including 3 paras. i try
them and if i dont like them or want to
try something else i sell them. just to
let you know paraordnance will fix that
gun for you real quick. i had 2 paras
that jammed on the feed cycle, sent them
to para shop and got good polish jobs for
free and they never jammed again with
same week turn around. might want to give
that a try first and tell them about your
rear sight. its free and fast usually.
and if you still want to sell it you know
you are not selling a lemon to a decent guy.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Mohecus. I talked with Para already and I am going to let them take a look at it.

I need to send off for all of my mag offers. I get a free one because of the current promotion, and I also have the certificate for one or two, for a price, that came with the pistol. Anyway I am not for definate just yet. I am going to let Para have a shot at it, and if that doesn't help I will see what my other options are.

h4444. I was told Lock tite would fix it at the local range. I am gonna let PO give it a look first, after all it is under warranty.
thanks for the info.

Thanks everyone.

------------------
"Better to have that and not need it, than to need it and not have it."

Capt. Woodrow F. Call (Lonesome Dove)

[This message has been edited by Jon Perez (edited 11-20-2001).]

·
Registered
25 Posts
I think that a break-in period of 200-500 rounds for any pistol is in order before you give up on it. Loose sights are pretty small on the scale of things.

Can't say much about the rust, was there none when you first got it? Maybe better lubircation protection.

I had a brand new Kimber that slamfired out of the box, and just picked up a NIB SS Kahr pistol with rust on the slide & frame. I think that I have bigger cause for dissapointment than you do with your P-13.

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
Mr Perez: before you ship it away, I can tell you my new Para had exactly the same feed jams. It's really easy to fix. Get some #600 grit (wet/dry) sandpaper from Home Depot and a drill bit about the same diameter as the brass for your gun. Use the smooth end of the bit to wrap a piece of the #600 on, and lightly polish the feed ramp with oil. Just keep going until it's smooth. Polish the "breakover" point at the top of the ramp where it enters the barrel so it is slightly rounded. MOST IMPORTANT: polish the top of the barrel tube (where the brass enters) until it is smooth. The milling to drill this out at the factory leaves very fine circular lines that can snag the end of the round or the edge of the brass. This polishing made mine cycle perfectly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts