1911Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, the next question is:

The new EGW bushing is thicker than the stock one. As a result, the front of the barrel meets the face of the bushing. The top of the barrel might stick out about .003 and the bottom might be about .003 behind the face of the bushing.

Is this a problem? I like the flush look, but don't know if it will effect the shooting.

TIA

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,731 Posts
It should affect the shooting; the gun will be more accurate, because the larger bushing surface that is contact with the barrel. I agree that it looks cool, too.

·
Banned
14,948 Posts
I just fitted one to one of my Para's. It does look cool. I like the beefiness of the part. More protection for the muzzle crown too.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks to you both. Yes, I should have said I wasn't sure if having the barrel flush to the bushing would make it shoot bad.

What a great part, huh? Very tight with very little fitting even on an old Para which (from what I have seen inside) has some broad tolerances ;-)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Funny, I JUST posted to this thread: http://www.1911forum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=62742

I have the same bushing and my experiences were the same as everyone else..

Out of all of the recent 'aftermarket' parts I have added to my Kimber, this one was one of the most impressive straight out of the bag.. Looked beefy and well made.. MINOR polishing to get it in, and it works great...

Highly recommended..

R

1 - 5 of 5 Posts