1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, story behind it first. I wanted a 1911 for about 4 years. This year I finally convinced myself to stop being a cheapo and I dropped $800 on a Springfield Range Officer in January.

Not even a month or two after that I got a trade offer for some non-firearm related stuff I was selling. Part of that trade was a Kimber Pro TLE II. So I went from really wanting a 1911 for years, to having two of them.

Quite frankly, I just don't really feel I need it and I'm subtly considering selling it for something I'd be more interested in. I have a really hard time parting ways with ANY gun but I figured this would be worth considering at the very least.

.45 is expensive now and when I go to the range I feel I'd like to dedicate my time towards shooting my Springfield. The Kimber is a great gun but I don't think I'll ever carry it. It's just another fun gun.

So, on to the gun. As I mentioned, I got it used and the previous owner was unsure of the round count. I know it's broad but I'm thinking 700-1500rds after talking to him at the time. I have put just under 200rds through it with only one minor problem, a failure to feed on the last round in the mag. That was using one of my 10 Springfield mags I just bought. Otherwise flawless.

The thumb safety had nearly all of the paint worn off of it so Kimber sent me a new one that I dropped in. From the best of my knowledge I gathered online, it function tested fine. Old safety is included though, also.

It includes original case, all paperwork, and 1 factory Kimber magazine. Has Hogue grips but includes original grips also in good condition.

Has normal internal wear and minor discoloring toward the muzzle end of the barrel. Otherwise great condition.

Oh yeah, and an idiot scratch from the previous owner that I guess can only be seen from certain angles comparing the two pics. This angle is probably about as bad as it could possibly look. Fairly minor overall. Old safety shown.

So, how much could I expect to get for it? Most recent picture on top.

·
Premium Member
15,298 Posts
Gunbroker and gun dealers with new ones are your friend. It's easy to find current values as they're not real complicated. Extras are usually good for free stuff that might make someone more apt to buy, but usually don't ad much, if any value.

Otherwise someone might think you're fishing for a sale and you'll get your hand smacked, or get a vacation for attempting to break the golden rule. :D

·
Registered
6,032 Posts
I also suggest you look at Gunbroker to see what the bids are on a similar condition Kimber.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the recommendations. I'll take a look tomorrow.

Haha definitely not fishing for a sale, yet. I've never sold a gun so it's tough deciding to even let this one go.

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
are those two pictures of the same gun???

anyway, on GB found this one at $505 right now, Glad your enjoying your 1911's - you statement of not being a 'cheapo' and spending $800 on a 1911 - Wait till you been enjoying your 1911's for a while - you will fast learn that $800 was cheap, lol

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
are those two pictures of the same gun???

anyway, on GB found this one at $505 right now, Glad your enjoying your 1911's - you statement of not being a 'cheapo' and spending $800 on a 1911 - Wait till you been enjoying your 1911's for a while - you will fast learn that $800 was cheap, lol
Haha I was originally looking for a Springfield Mil Spec for a little less but couldn't find one. I'm more than happy with the Range Officer for the money. Supposedly one of the better 1911's to be found for under $1,000.

Yeah they're the same gun. Bottom pic was when I got it and the top was with the new thumb safety and Hogue grips. Guess the lighting makes a difference.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts