1911Forum banner

how small is the EMP

1K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  tegemu 
#1 ·
havent been able to handle one,cant find one any where around here, how does it size up to the kimber ultra carry II ? am really interested in this pistol, is it all it claims to be?

#2 ·
How Small

Just got one. It has a very light weight and big punch. I really wanted the 40 but they are not making it yet and may not. The 9 seems to work fine. It is very accurate and carry is so fun. It feels like a BIG 1911 but works like a really nice small gun. You can get some really nice pictures off the site for SA.

#3 · (Edited)
Forward of the grip, they are pretty much identical in size. The real difference come with the grip portion of the frame. Since the EMP was designed to fire the 9mm, the grip is shorter front to back than a standard 1911. That also means that things like the trigger, firing pin, extractor, plunger tube, grips and magazines are also smaller.

The EMP does fit in the hand a little better, IMHO. VERY accurate for a 3" pistol! I have one, and it's my carry gun. I used to have a Kimber Ultra CDP, and I prefer the EMP. Much easier to shoot.

#5 ·
Here's a EMP laying over a conventional 3" 1911:
Actually, I think that picture is a bit misleading. The difference is not nearly that pronounced.

#8 ·
I have 1 of each EMP and Kimber Ultra Carry II, actually 2 of the EMP's wife has one for her carry gun. The EMP fits the hand really well, very comfortable to shoot. carry inside the waistband no problem with only T shirt one size larger than without. got around 3000 round through each of the EMP's never a hicup, just keep it lubed up when new.

course the Kimber in 45 is as nice as can be too. just a little larger, both are good guns

#9 ·
When I look at this little pistola i think about a good nylon Uncle Mike;s ankle holster and a pair of full cut legged pants; maybe slightly flared Having carried a Glock 26 for years like this in uniform I can onlt think that the slim lines of the EMP would work even better for this kind of concealed carry. I woild prefer that it take the regularly sized 9m/m 1911 mags as it may be harder to obtain replacements inexpensively and like I always say if you have to do a mag change, then it no longer matters what the end of the longer mag looks like sticking out'n the butt end of the pistol. My 2cents about a very interesting li'l pistol/

#11 ·
Mine is slightly smaller than my Kimber Ultra Carry II and since I routinely carry the UC II in my pocket, I see no reason why the EMP couldn't be a pocket carry gun also.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.