1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a Baer?

I know that slide to frame fit does not make up the overall reliability and accuracy of a 1911, but I was just curious...

------------------
"Ain't nothin' like a finely-tuned 1911..."

·
Super Moderator
13,519 Posts
You had it right in that tightness doesn't have anything to do with accuracy and reliability. And no the Wilsons are not as tight as a Baer. I've handled brand new Wilsons and Baers side by side, and the Baers are super tight, you hardly can rack the slide when they're new. And yes they're both reliable. I have seen Baer guns that have 1000 rounds through them that are still very tight. But as any competent gunsmiths will tell you, if the barrel/bushing/slide/frame are fitted and built correctly, the gun will feel like sliding glass when you rack the slide.

·
Registered
984 Posts
That's exactly how my Gold Cup felt after having Fred Kart fit a new bbl, bushing and slide to my frame and the way my Wilson CQB feels. It has to be the greatest feeling in the world. Well, second to the opposite sex.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
I have three Wilsons now. Yes, they are addictive. Slide fit on all of them is very tight, but the slide movement is absolutely the smoothest I have experienced. This is out of the box (actually the nice soft case that they come in). Don't have to send 'em out to have a bunch of parts replaced and other work performed on them. They all shoot extremely well - accurate and reliable.

Can't say enough good things about my Wilsons.

·
Registered
215 Posts
My new Wilson CQB right out of the case felt like my Baer Thunder Ranch Special after about 2,000 rounds thru it. I'm not sure what that means. Both have been 100% reliable, accurate, and worth the money.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts