1911Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was curious how we all dealt with hard core anti-gunners? I met my share of them in college and I usually enjoy the "spirited" discussions in class. I had a couple in my Speech 101 class! That was a hoot! Should have seen the looks on their faces when I dispensed some hard facts from confirmable sources (study groups, think tanks, policy centers, etc) on why gun ownership does not contribute mightily to crime. Anyone got stories?

[This message has been edited by ZekeLuvs1911 (edited 11-29-2001).]

[This message has been edited by ZekeLuvs1911 (edited 11-29-2001).]

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
One of my favorites is to tell them that they are unwittingly supporting, victim disarmament with their callous liberal agenda. Also that if they ever are a victim, I hope that their last conscience thought is not, darn I sure wish that I had had a gun.

7th

------------------
Support Your Local Police

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
"I respect your 1st Amendment rights to say what you think,but will you get mad if someone execises their 2nd Amendment right to help you if needed?They could just holler 'Police,call 911'"

·
Registered
389 Posts
Honestly, I try to pay as little attention to them as possible. It's the people who are middle-of-the-road or at least willing to listen to my viewpoint that I try to show the way to a greater understanding of the issue.

------------------
"He who goes unarmed in paradise had better be sure that that is where he is."
-- James Thurber

·
Administrator
72,143 Posts
I agree with the last viewpoint. Hard-core antis are so one-dimensional that you might as well talk to a brick wall. Probably get a more intelligent conversation out of it as well.

BTW moving to Legal & Political.

------------------
D. Kamm
USGI M1911/M1911A1 Pistols Website
http://usgi1911.tripod.com

[This message has been edited by dsk (edited 12-03-2001).]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.