1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys help me out, I trying to order a new Colt 1991/a1 with the new rollmark where does the serial number start at my distributor cant tell me if its new or old style.Thank's OCG1911

·
Administrator
74,421 Posts
Since you're in Redmond, I'd say just go down to Wade's in Bellevue. The last two or three they brought in were all the new rollmark. They might even have one right now.

------------------
D. Kamm
USGI M1911/M1911A1 Pistols Website
http://usgi1911.tripod.com

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,395 Posts
They had one when I was there two weeks ago.

·
Banned
5,943 Posts
OCG1911....
Brand new 1991 with the new rollmark at "Freds Hobbies and Guns" in Sequim, WA as of 12/01/01. Very Nice, but pricey at $631.00.
Regards,
Sam

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
The government's have been out for a while now, so a government blue ordered from most major distributors will be new rollmark. (They actually just realized at the distributors that they have a new rollmark, and called me Monday to tell me about it :)

Kiesler's also says their blue commander's are new rollmark, but I'm not sure how available they are through the system just yet.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Originally posted by FirearmsPlus.FL:
Kiesler's also says their blue commander's are new rollmark, but I'm not sure how available they are through the system just yet.
Hey FirearmsPlus, is that Kiesler's Wholesale in Indiana? If so I know where I'm headed on my day off. They are 3 miles from the house.

------------------
The United States Constitution (C)1791 - All rights reserved.

·
Banned
5,943 Posts
Oldandbo....
Say Hi to the girls at Fred's for me. (I was the fellow with the two boys who purchased the Officer magazines on Saturday.)Really nice people to deal with. Let us know what you think of the new rollmarks.
Regards,
Sam

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey guys Just got one Man Colt is back to high quality again. This is one of the best variants I have seen to date. The ser# for the new rollmark pistols start at 28xxxxx. Thank's again for the replies .OCG1911

[This message has been edited by OCG1911 (edited 12-06-2001).]

·
Banned
5,943 Posts
Originally posted by OCG1911:
Hey guys Just got one Man Colt is back to high quality again. This is one of the best variants I have seen to date. The ser# for the new rollmark pistols start at 28xxxxx. Thank's again for the replies .OCG1911

[This message has been edited by OCG1911 (edited 12-06-2001).]
Hi Ocg1911....
How about a price check, if you don't mind my asking? Did you get it at Wade's?
Regards,
Sam

[This message has been edited by SamColtFan (edited 12-06-2001).]

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Sam & all. Well I made it to Fred's yesterday afternoon. That Colt is darn nice. Fit and finish were very nice, no rattles :) .
It had the same rollmark on the left side as my XSE as near as I can remember. It said series 80 on the right side. The finish was interesting. I am not a pro, it looked to me like a matte blue with lightly polished sides on the slide. Rather handsome I thought.
I haven't done any pricing on this gun, my gut told me it was about $100 too high. I forget the gals name, it wasn't Linda she was doing something else, anyway I asked if they would be getting anymore Colts in and she said no, that this was a special order for someone who never showed up to get it. I said he probably found it for less elsewhere. Oh well. Fred's has always been a little high priced.

BTW, Linda was putting gunpowder containers behind the glass display by the backroom. I asked her if they were going to put the old guns and stuff back on display somewhere else in the store. Linda said she hasn't decided yet and that she had to put the gunpowder back there because it was being shoplifted from the shelves!! My wife was even more flabbergasted than I at that revelation. She said words to the effect of, my god you are all wearing firearms and these people still have the nerve to shoplift? I too was a little taken aback that it would happen in our nice little town. Reality bites.

Sorry this is so long and I didn't see your post in time to say hi for ya. Apologies for that.

Be Safe,
Dan

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Originally posted by WaltherP99man:
Hey FirearmsPlus, is that Kiesler's Wholesale in Indiana? If so I know where I'm headed on my day off. They are 3 miles from the house.

Yeah, Kiesler's Wholesale, I got the 1991 Commander in blue, with new rollmarks, and it has a metal long trigger apparently. They're in the cardboard custom shop boxes, though it's a normal gun AFAIK. It also has the sides of the frame polished, along with the slide.

[This message has been edited by FirearmsPlus.FL (edited 12-07-2001).]

·
Registered
306 Posts
Kiesler's is out....where else?

I just called Kiesler's today about getting a new commander with new rollmarks and they are out and don't know when they would be getting any in. Anybody else got some ideas on where to find one a blued commander with new rollmarks at a decent price?

·
Administrator
74,421 Posts
I wouldn't have minded the M1991A1 designation if it wasn't so huge. It's like the early large Series 70 rollmarks, it just defaced the overall look. Had they made it half as large it wouldn't have been as bad.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Maybe the distributors will start putting the ugly ones on clearance sale... :D

Hey, a guy can dream!

·
Registered
183 Posts
I think alnamvet is misunderstanding what most of us think about the rollmark situation. We all know the old rollmarked guns are of the same quality as the new rollmarked ones. And we'd take either one in a heartbeat if we were on the battlefield because of Colt's reputation for quality and function. But since we now have the choice between the two rollmarks, the majority of us like the newer rollmarks better. Probably because they look more like a classic Colt Government rollmark from the pre 70 series commercial guns. If the new rollmarks never came out, I would still buy an old rollmarked gun and not think twice or complain about it. But since there is the option, well....

·
Administrator
74,421 Posts
Hey alnamvet, how about posting some pictures of the old warhorse? I'd be interested in seeing what sort of shape it's in and what original WW1 parts are still on it.

Like emmo says, in a combat situation nobody is going to care if it says M1991A1, Series 70, Remington Rand, Colt, or heck even Singer! Use it to save your @$$ and worry about collectibility later. The only exception is if it said Crown City or Auto Ordinance on it. Use those for hammering tent stakes down only.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts