1911Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two CMC Shooting Star 8 rounders and I want to clean the inside of the mag, but the problem is that unlike novak/act mags, the baseplate is unremovable. How do i take this magazine apart? Sorry for the noobish question im kinda new to this. :)

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Take something and push the follower down about half way and stick something like a paper clip through one of the witness holes in the side of the magazine just below the follower. This will trap the spring and leave the follower free. Shake the follower to the end of the magazine and remove. You kind of have to grab the follower on the end and pull it to the front while rolling the front down to get it past the feed lips. put a rag or something over the end to catch the spring and pull your clip out to free the spring. Assembly is the reverse. I find that my bushing wrench is the perfect tool to push the spring back down to trap with the clip on re-assembly. When you re-assemble, make sure the spring seats properly on the bottom of the follower.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts