1911Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a 1911 ria plated. It’s brand new and never shot and has some blemishes on the finish. RIA said they would take a look at it but it would take months to get it back. Is this something I can fix myself ?

·
Banned
2,152 Posts
Id let them have it back, new and unfired...I think we've seen RIA replace guns but who knows in individual cases. Would they even view the pics that you loaded to give any idea at all on what they think of it?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Howdy and welcome from Texas. I'd let them have it back, too.

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
Did you buy it from a LGS?
If yes, did you note this before the sale. Under any circumstance give them the chance to make it right.
Or call who you bought it from and perhaps they can swap it out.
And send the pics to CS to evaluate.
What a bummer - but IMHO don’t try to deal with this yourself as you’ll likely make it much worse.
Good luck

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
I would send it back as well.
Requiring it be returned for inspection would be the logical response from any gun company.
The months to get it back goes hand in hand with the price point.
The only thing I see out of the norm is it got sent out like that in the 1st place.
Good luck with it and let us know how it pans out.

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
And if it doesn’t - then what options does he have??
Exactley, and you lose any chance of them fixing it as well.

Reactions: NDL

·
Registered
337 Posts
If it were mine I'd keep it, there would be more than those issues on it in a few months.

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Not sure I would have bought it like that... at least not for full price. But since you have it now....

Who is the forum sponsor that is the gun polisher? I'd send high res pics and ask him for an opinion. It may or may not be a better option to let a pro do it... sometimes the factory options aren't great (they let it go out like that once already) and not always free freight. Not to mention time in line for a refinish under "warranty."

1 - 15 of 15 Posts