1911Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at a way to mark or number my mags for rotation purposes. I use 3 at a time..1 in the gun, 2 on my belt. I know Robars used to do a number/finish type deal on them..anyone use this service? I am talking about Wilson Stainless mags BTW. Thanks!

------------------
The only thing neccessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I borrowed the engraving pen (electric pen with a vibrating point,used to write on metal, such as marking keys, putting our name on equipment) from work and numbered all of mine on the back edge just above the pad. I got a mag from Wilson that was marked in this way and just continued the trend.

·
Registered
9,203 Posts
There are inexpensive electric etching devices that you can use. You type or print what you want on a stencil and use it to etch what ever. I have one that I've used to mark my "brand" on several magazines.

I used one of the paint pens to mark my FAL magazines. They would work well on your stainless Wilson magazines. Different colors for each set of 3 mags, say red 1, 2, 3 and blue 1, 2, 2. etc. That way you would really be sure that the magazines stayed in sets.

And there is always a number stamp set and a 8# ballpeen hammer. LOL

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
MOLON LABE
Leonidas c 480 BC
FFF

[This message has been edited by Jim V (edited 10-28-2001).]

·
Registered
558 Posts
After losing a Wilson magazine at a match I went and bought a engraving pen from a hardware store for 16 dollars.

------------------
Kevin

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Originally posted by Jim V:

And there is always a number stamp set and a 8# ballpeen hammer. LOL

PUT DOWN THE HAMMER AND STEP AWAY FROM THE MAGAZINE!!!!!

Ross T.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
I used a Dremal I had. I put on the finest tip and simply wrote specific numbers on the back spine of my mags. I numbered the Wilson mags first by the number of rounds they hold, the letter W for Wilson and then the number for the mag for the full sized mags such that I have
7W1 (7 round Wilson #1)
8W6 (8 round Wilson #6

For Officer's mags, I have
7WOM1 (8 Wilson Officer's Model #1

Chip McCormicks are
8CMC1

and you get the picture. There is no problem with identifying which mag is what type or configuration if I am keeping track of mag problems.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts