1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,395 Posts
But that is not what I envisioned when you said "'take apart".

I was thinking you would detail strip the slide, and also the works in the frame.

What you did amounts to just what I call "field strip".

:D

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
But that is not what I envisioned when you said "'take apart".

I was thinking you would detail strip the slide, and also the works in the frame.

What you did amounts to just what I call "field strip".

:D
Good call on the field stripping. I'm a little new to most of this. I've changed my titles to make them clearer.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
One comment...

The first thing to do is remove the ammunition source. Then check to see if the chamber is empty. The reason for this is to ensure another round cannot get inserted in the chamber if there is a loaded mag. If the gun were loaded, removing the ammunition source (magazine) first ensures that the gun is completely empty when you pull the slide back. I have personally witnessed several NDs because they cleared the chamber, then dropped the mag not realizing that they just loaded another round. Then pulled the trigger and bang.

I really did like the video. Short and to the point.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
One comment...

The first thing to do is remove the ammunition source. Then check to see if the chamber is empty. The reason for this is to ensure another round cannot get inserted in the chamber if there is a loaded mag. If the gun were loaded, removing the ammunition source (magazine) first ensures that the gun is completely empty when you pull the slide back. I have personally witnessed several NDs because they cleared the chamber, then dropped the mag not realizing that they just loaded another round. Then pulled the trigger and bang.

I really did like the video. Short and to the point.
Good points. I'll make sure to do that in future videos too. Thanks for the help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts