1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There seems to be some problems here on the old DW forum and I would like to propose a lesson for those that may have missed this. If you find someone on the board who seems to be just causing trouble and makes you mad because they are complaining about something, please just use the "ignore" list function.

Now I am not saying that anyone in particular may have caused this post, but the Forum offers this option and I wanted to explain how to use it. The steps are:

1) Identify the person who is spouting B.S. or just rubs you the wrong way, like maybe me for instance. If I tick you off do step two.
2) Highlight the persons handle or name and "copy" it. (I personally like the cntrl and "c" button for that.
3) click on the user cp button (top right on nearly every page)
4) go the ignore list (mid right hand side)
5) click on a new empty line and paste it in (I prefer cntrl and "v" for this), then update the list
6) Go back to the DW forum and continue browsing with out listening to them anymore!

Now. That is how you do it, it is very easy and quite useful. Finally a comment. It might be useful (although I have never tried it) to be able to paste several names at once. We could try a list of poeple to be ignored but I who knows.

Anyway, have a merry christmas and tonight thank god for all of the good things that we have, like Dan Wesson and Bob Serva!

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
That is good advice, although it is less effective when folks who you put in your killfile get banned & keep re-registering under different names... :biglaugh:

By the way, an easy way to do it is to just click on the "profile" button on one of the offender's posts, and a window will pop up that has an "Add ____ to your ignore list" option at the bottom.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You see, you can teach an old dog (me) new tricks. I did not know that one about hitting the profile.

Thanks Castlebravo!

By the way, your advice on your site about how to spring my 10mm Baer and the EGW slide stop were perfect. MANY MANY thanks!

And yes, when folks keep re-registering it is a pain, but for some folks it is really worth it to see that "ignored" next to their name!

·
Registered
197 Posts
I never erealized that this fine forum was the spawning ground of the filth that clogs so many others. In any case, some very useful information to keep handy.

·
Administrator
13,292 Posts
Zen

Unfortunately , we at 1911 do have a few preschoolers that insist on being a nuisance . We eventually weed them out . ;)

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Do y'all simply ban the username, or do you block the IP address? It seems to me the latter would be a lot more effective. Then they'd have to keep switching service providers to stay on the forum. Hopefully that would prove to be cost prohibitive?

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You do not ban anything. You just get a message that this person is on your ignore list and click here to see what they wrote or something like that.

It is easy to take one on or off, but frankly once I zap someone, I never put them back on.

·
Banned
597 Posts
Is it really that difficult to CHOOSE to ignore someone? You have to have all temptation removed? If you can't trust yourself to ignore someone, how can you trust yourself to own a gun?

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Forstr said:
Do y'all simply ban the username, or do you block the IP address? It seems to me the latter would be a lot more effective. Then they'd have to keep switching service providers to stay on the forum. Hopefully that would prove to be cost prohibitive?
Might have been the wrong place to post that message, but it happend to occur to me (how they ban somebody) when reading the thread. I guess it was actually a question for a moderator.

·
Banned
597 Posts
Forstr said:
Might have been the wrong place to post that message, but it happend to occur to me (how they ban somebody) when reading the thread. I guess it was actually a question for a moderator.
To be technical, it's the wrong place for the entire thread, so I thought I'd just pile on.:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts