1911Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FLush with cash from recent endeavors, I was prowling the local shops today and one of them offered me a deal on a brace of metric pistols, a single millimeter apart in bore size, that was too tempting to pass up.

While it wasn't the deal of the century, it was a deal that fit my wallet to a T. Perhaps the proprietor has developed a mental capacity for sensing how much I have to spend?

Anyway, I took the deal, did the paperwork and went home with my new pistols for a strip, clean and relube.

Didn't have time to shoot them today, as I had to leave for work, so shooting report will be delayed until the weekend.

Is anybody else $1550 lighter after today?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What?! You meant it wouldn't be a great deal on one!? :(

Yep I got two: one in 9mm, and another in 10mm. They make a nice pair, actually.

Thanks for your concern! :biglaugh:

·
Registered
550 Posts
since he stated "them" i would think he bought more then one. but you never know:confused:

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Well,

The first shooting is done... and both pistols ran fine.

The 9mm is sweeeet! I put 150 rounds thru it without a bobble, including 50 rounds of IMI's 115 JHP ammo, just for kicks as this one will likely see much more Blazer 115 FMJ and reloads (IDPA ESP Div.) than it will JHPs. I installed a S&A flat steel checkered MSH, but that's really all it needs... except perhaps a standard FP to defeat the Series II firing pin safety, so I can remove the "push-rod" from the frame.

The 10mm is just as smooth and feeds just as well, even with PMC's 170 JHPs. I only ran 50 rounds thru it today, as I don't like the rather light (reportedly 18.5 lbs) recoil spring it came with.
I did put a shok buff on the FL recoil rod, but will order and install a Wolff 20 lb variable spring before shooting it again. That was the setup I used to run in my Colt Delta (which came over-sprung at 23 lbs), and it worked well for me.

This one will likely only see occaisional use as its really not my caliber (which is why I no longer own the Delta), but is fun for a change and makes a good bookend with the 9mm... Perhaps I need another pair of Target IIs, in .45ACP and .38 Super, to complete the set? :D

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sam',

The 9mm is quite mild in terms of recoil. Not nearly as much torque, and less muzzle rise to boot.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.