1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have a 1911 yet, but I've been wanting my first for a while now. My dad has been wanting one as well, so I figure I would hop on here to learn a thing or two!

I have 3 high-end AR's that I built from the ground up, numerous pistols and hunting rifles and shotguns, but no 1911. Ever since I built my first AR, I would much rather build than buy, so naturally I want my first to be a high quality, hand built rig that will be a serious shooter. As I did with my AR builds, I plan to use nothing but the highest quality parts, all hand-fit to create a truly custom pistol. I'm sure there will be a huge learning curve, but I love doing things like this, so I'm sure it won't be too bad.

BTW, I found this forum through m4carbine.net

·
Premium Member
3,342 Posts
Onyx z,

We would like to see those AR's in the rifle and shotgun thread.

Welcome to the addiction.

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,328 Posts
What part of Texas are you in? My wife and I were in Austin a couple of weeks ago, and it was 85-90 degrees every day. Not complaining, mind you. It was pouring rain when we returned to Seattle.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
What part of Texas are you in? My wife and I were in Austin a couple of weeks ago, and it was 85-90 degrees every day. Not complaining, mind you. It was pouring rain when we returned to Seattle.
I'm just outside of Houston. It was in the 80's last week, but when I say "non-stop", I mean the last few days. It hasn't been gotten out of the low 40's or so since Friday and has literally been raining non-stop since

·
Registered
733 Posts
Hello! Congratulations on not having the 1911 sickness...........Yet. Look in the Wilson section, the illness will begin. LOL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts