1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've been coming to the forums for a while to research various 1911 questions. I decided to join and I'm happy I finally did, because there are so many awesome folks here to collaborate and share ideas and experiences.

I'm a Navy veteran, did numerous work in unsavory places, I'll leave it at that.. I have expert knowledge in Naval weapons and foreign weapons platforms. I'm an NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, Pistol Instructor, and Personal Protection in the Home. I have several degrees in Geography Anthropology, and Spatial Science. I have additional education and experience in International Studies with a focus on Asia Development and World Geopolitics. I have been an armorer of the Stoner rifles for a while, and have smithed subprofessionally.

Areas I have significant expertise related to firearms are: Stoner rifles Colt M and Bushmaster XM platforms and applications. Baretta M9 and clones. Woodwork and rifle stock finishing. Firearms safety and training. Naval force security, antipiracy, security force training and team leadership.

I enjoy the rugged lines and function of the 1911 platform, I believe it may be the finest combat handgun made. Aside from its functionality I believe the 1911 represents an evolution of art and American tradecraft. I can't think of a more iconic and patriotic tool that has been aligned with the past several generations of service men and women.

I would like to learn how to smith a 1911. I hope to learn from the many experienced folks here. Your advice and experience is always valued and appreciated!

Best,

Core

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
Doody!

Welcome aboard Sailor! :rock:

Sounds like you came to the right place. I'm a Navy vet too , AO2 , A/C.

If ya like the 1911 , I'll bet/hope yer favorite long arm is the M-14 , right!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts