1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my wife shooting and she fell in love with my 9 mm High Power (she's got good taste). However, she doesn't like the grips I've got on it.

I've got the black Navidrex Micarta Combat Thin grips on it. They're very sharply checkered, and the checkering bothers her. I love the grips, but it looks like she may "take over" that particular gun, so I'm looking for some grips she'll like.

So, what I'm looking for are some thin grips without checkering. So far, the only non-checkered grips I can find are of the standard width, not the thin type.

Anyone know of any thin, non-checkered grips for the BHP?

·
Registered
244 Posts
My wife loved the Houge rubber finger grove grips on mine. I just replaced them with Houge smooth wood. If you want to try the rubber let me know I will let mine go for cheap. I had planned to put the Navidrex on mine but a friend made me an offer on the Houges I could not refuse.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Eagle Grips has plain grips for High-Powers. I don't like them as well as Spegels, Ahrends, or the Navidrex but they work. The people at Eagle are nice to work with and will do stuff for you that others want to charge big bucks for. Regards, Richard

[This message has been edited by Richard (edited 11-26-2001).]

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all for your replies.

Richard (good name
), are the Eagle grips for the High Power thinner than the stock grips the HP comes with?

·
Registered
523 Posts
I would recommend looking in to the Pachmyer or Hogue rubber grips, so how those catch her fancy.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Would someone please provide me with a phone number AND if possible a website address for the following two grip companies:

Ahrends

Spegel

Thank you!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here's Ahrends. I don't have Spegel's. Would like it also though.

Kim Ahrends Custom Firearms Inc.
Box 203
Clarion, IA, 50525
Tel. : (515) 532-3449

1 - 9 of 9 Posts