1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed that most of you guys swear by HP, so I thought I would come here to resolve my dilema. I recently purchased an HK P7M8 and am loving it!!! so now I am thinking about acquiring another 9mm. I need it to be a single action, is the HP as accurate as the P7? or should I consider the USP HK? I am leaning more toward the HP so give me the pros and cons.

·
Registered
125 Posts
My HP was the most accurate 9mm I ever fired - until I bought my P7M8 :)
The USP 9 is a great gun, but you can buy 2 really good used HP's for the cost of one USP. I own a USP .45, and have never fired a USP9; but I can't believe it would be any less/more accurate then the HP. I thought you wanted Single action? The USP is double.

[This message has been edited by bigbore (edited 06-08-2001).]

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
if your a fan of crunch-tinkers, stay withem!

Honestly, i prefer the HP to any other handgun with the 1911 being the 1 exception. To me, seems like every other pistol is an afterthought.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Well I have owned an H&K .45 Compact,Tactical, a stock HP 9mm and a HP that has been modified by Cylinder and Slide.

I qualified as a Practical C class shooter with the HP in less than 60 days. The HP has a Bar-Sto barrel and a trigger job. It is a favorite. It was rebuilt by Cylinder and Slide in Fremont, NE.

The Compact was nice and the Tactical was huge and accurate. I no longer own an H&K. Nice guns. They shoot well. But they can not hold a candle to the C&S HP. Bill Laughridge does one outstanding job on HPs.

I also shoot Tues Nite Steele at Rio Salado in Phoenix with the stock HP. It is not as good as the C&S but it is mighty fun to shoot.

I like H&K. I has spent many a session with the P7. Good, accurate guns. But I would not buy another one. HPs and single stack 1911 for me.

Have an excellent gunsmith do the work on the HP otherwise it might lead to trouble. They are a little tricky. Most 1911 gunsmiths will suggest this also. There are only a handfull of excellent HP smiths in the country. They are really worth the money they charge.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts