1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks..

I've recently discovered the existence of Browning HP's and after doing
some research I've decided that I want one!!

I particularly like the silver
finishes and I've found two different types, not including the Practical's two-tone.
The one model is described as "silver chrome" and the other is described as nickel.
Looking at pictures of the two, they do indeed appear to be two different finishes.
So, I'm wondering if and when nickel versions were made, or if that's a custom job?
In your opinion, is one more desirable than the other?

Thanks for your help!

[This message has been edited by Noah (edited 07-15-2001).]

·
Registered
35 Posts
yes they made nickel versions but very few.. one of them was the renaissance model it was nickel with fancy engraveing, they also made a few Victory models in stainless steel with golld plated operating elements
others to look for are the omaha beach, and the normandy model.. all are commemorative and are rare and very expencive. I have a silver chrome, its a very tough finish lasts forever, its a hard chrome bead blasted finish.. my guess is that most people like the blued finish thou

·
Registered
322 Posts
Noah,

You've made an excellent choice. When I was looking to purchase my first handgun over 10 years ago, I wandered from store to store to store, never seeing anything that inspired me. Until, that is, I first laid eyes on the Browning Hi-Power Practical (9mm, fixed sights). I knew the second I saw it that I had found my first gun. To this day, it is still my favorite. And as much as I love my 1911's, I consider the BHP to be JMB's masterpiece. It is intuitively designed, accurate, reliable, and very easy to strip for cleaning. Of all my handguns, it is still my wife's favorite gun to shoot.

As for all-silver finishes, I am only familiar with the "Silver Chrome" model, so I won't be much help there. I just wanted to commend you on your choice...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts