1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Another masterpiece! Just received the photos of some grips enroute from Hakan Pek, one of our very talented members. These are his first set for a Bobtail, I'm honored! These will be dressing-up my Kobra Carry in ten days. Photos to follow...
http://www.imageseek.com/hakan/

·
Registered
445 Posts
Tracy those are very nice! What are they made of? Also, I checked out the "half and half" grips on the site. What is the texture part of the grip and what is that on the front strap?

·
Premium Member
20,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All thanks goes to Hakan! These are California Buckeye Burl. I don't know how he does the half & half. Looks like it's stippled with a woodburner! Maybe Hakan will respond, but if he doesn't see this, send him an email. Don't forget, he's on the other side of the world.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Yup, they are beautiful. I have some of the Amboinia burl on my CZ 75B, love 'em. I was hoping to get some of the half and half on my CZ 97, but Hakan told me he's probably not gonna do any for the 97:( . "sigh"
AZ, let us know how that high gloss works out re: grip.
I am officially jealous of your latest grips!;)

·
Registered
295 Posts
AZ,

Glad to see that you got the Burl for your Kobra. That burl looks great in the picture but it will look ten times better than that in person. You are gonna be real happy!

We'll be looking for pics after you get the grips on and get the drool wiped up.

Bob Sigmon

·
Premium Member
20,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Bob, I had an insider tip that Hakan was harboring a little Buckeye Burl and acted immediately. That stuff's as rare as a glamerous Glock! I only wish my photos turned out as nicely as his do. Quick as I can find suitable wood, I'm gonna have Dave (Cacique500) do me a set. With Scott, Hakan, and Dave's individual artistry, I'll own the true "Grip Trilogy"!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Thanks to all of you for the kind and encouraging words.:)

AZ Husker,

They're on their way to you now...be on the look out.Shoot some pictures for us when you get them please...shoot them outdoors but avoid the direct sunlight,preferably on a cloudly day.

Thanks again for all your help on this project.

Regards,

Hakan.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts