1911Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been searching for a Springfield Ultra Compact, all stainless Officer"s Model PX9161L for quite a while without anything resembling success. Several kind folks here suggested speaking to Steve at Scottsdale Guns and I did. Steve was very helpful and quoted the best price ($629) but he didn't have a gun and didn't expect to be able to get one until February or March.

I talked to dealers all over the country and some quoted fair prices while others expected me to pay full MSR but the equalizer was that none of them had the gun I wanted and none of them knew when they could get it. I was ready to park the idea until spring and eased off on the idea.

Last night, I logged on to Gun-Talk dot com (www.gun-talk.com) just to see what was happening. I noticed a thread about Castle Arms (www.castle-arms.com) having a Springfield sale which was open to Gun-Talk members and would get them a gun for a dollar over their cost. Hey, I dealt with these guys a year ago and was impressed but didn't realize they were a Springfield dealer.

I called them today and spoke with Aaron. He quoted one of the best prices I've been given, located a pistol and made arrangements for shipment. He came through when the others just talked about it.

I'm going to endorse Gun-Talk and Castle Arms. Gun-Talk isn't the biggest forum around but it was one a lot of us migrated to when The Firing Line shut down. I'm very pleased with the forum because it has been an avenue to acquire some good firearms at highly discounted prices, just for being a member. Castle Arms has proven their integrity by supporting the Forum and keeping their word. That's good enough for me.

I expect to have my new Springfield within a week. The really good news is that the tacky looking, rubber finger groove grips pictured on the Springfield website are, apparently, "optional" and I'm hoping that my new piece will have real wooden grips. Just to cover all the bases, I've ordered some new bushing and grip screw sets in case it comes with, gagghhh, rubber grips.

Anyway, check out Gun-Talk and keep Castle Arms in mind. They are good gun people.

Note: I just tried the Castle Arms link and couldn't log on but it was OK this afternoon. Must be a temporary problem.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Know your feel'n

I can't find a TRP Operator anywhere. I'm not about to pay 200-300 more than other places from gunbroker and gunsamerica listing, thats just highway robbery.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree with you about the robbery at the auction sites. Prices there are way too high.

Why not talk to Aaron at Castle Arms (217-641-0364 & 217-223-5082) and let him check his sources for you? They've done well for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts