1911Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, it started just two months ago. I made the mistake of walking too far down the gun case while picking up an XD and Kimbered for the first time. The result was a SIS Custom RL. About two weeks ago, it happened again and my fiance ended up with an early XMAS gift... a Crimson Ultra Carry. Just when I thought things couldn't get worse, I Kimbered again today and ended up with a Custom II with night sights to which I was quickly forced to administer a set of black Crimson Trace (yes, I was jealous of her sweet laser).

Has anyone else been having this problem? My wallet is beginning to get a little nervous...

·
Premium Member
3,668 Posts
Welcome to the Forum and congrats on your growing Kimber collection!

Unfortunately, my collection isn't getting bigger at the moment.

Let us know how they shoot.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I did the same thing last Friday as my "play" portion of our tax return was boring a hole in my pocket. After buying my wife a Sig 229- 40 a few months back and myself an XD-SC40 a week later I began to get the bug for another Kimber. While perusing the pistol case of my favorite gun haunt I spied a stainless UCII that just begged for a ride on my hip.

Thinking that it would nicely complement my stainless Target II I bought it qalong with a nice OWB CC holster the next day. Now I just need to decide on a new set of grips and it'll be my permanent carry piece and the XD will become the house pistol.

I find it amazing how we can accidentally obtain new guns on a whim...simply amazing

·
Registered
879 Posts
I'm jealous

My finances won't allow me to Kimber like that, :bawling: but I am excited for you guys. Maybe the taxman will leave me enough to Kimber after the first of the year :)

·
Premium Member
668 Posts
It is a progressive and ultimately debilitating disease. Sorry for you, but welcome to being us!

I have the more malignant form of the plague - it involved Colts as well as Kimbers. Does anyone make expandable gun safes?

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
It is a progressive and ultimately debilitating disease. Sorry for you, but welcome to being us!

I have the more malignant form of the plague - it involved Colts as well as Kimbers.
LJA - I, too, suffer from the more malignant form. I fear that mine is even more widespread and faster growing. I started 2009 "1911-free" (at least that's what my online dating profile reads). However, I acquired my first Kimber 1911 back in January. The disease moved quickly and diversified. Here we are not even 12 months later, and I have 2 more Kimbers and 3 more Colts. My doctor dropped even more bad news on me this December, as it looks like a Springfield is trying to form on my hip. Someone, please elp me :bawling:

·
Registered
365 Posts
Welcome WT. You are among friends. My name is Mark. I am a 1911 addict (as confessed to at other postings). Kimbers are part of my addiction. I have three and looking for more. My wife wants me to go to rehab. I know I should but I can't help myself. I love the accuracy which keeps me hooked. Good luck with your addiction. Recognizing it is an important first step. Unfortunately the second step is usually to go buy another one.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just got my first Kimber too, a Pro Covert II. I've been eyeing 1911s for awhile, but the time I picked this baby up I wasn't shopping for a new pistol, I was just stopping by the store for some ammo, saw her in the case and, well.... got Kimber'd!:biglaugh:

·
Premium Member
668 Posts
LJA - I, too, suffer from the more malignant form. I fear that mine is even more widespread and faster growing. I started 2009 "1911-free" (at least that's what my online dating profile reads). However, I acquired my first Kimber 1911 back in January. The disease moved quickly and diversified. Here we are not even 12 months later, and I have 2 more Kimbers and 3 more Colts. My doctor dropped even more bad news on me this December, as it looks like a Springfield is trying to form on my hip. Someone, please elp me :bawling:
DkRanger (and all the other afflicted souls) - fortunately, we have a Kimber Rescue Mission in my home town. It is a noble and charitable enterprise intended to wean us off the disease. It's name is "The Colt Store."

I don't think a Springfield forming on your hip is too bad - you can live with that - but recent X-Rays discovered nascent Ultra CDP's forming on both of my ankles - how will I walk?

Actually, we all bitch about our wives' lack of understanding of this affliction. Of course we won't be talking about their purses and shoes. I, on the other hand, made the tragic mistake of buying a Kimber Eclipse Target II for my wife (hehe - we all use that trick) but my sneaky way of getting it for me back-fired. Now she has the disease - and one Kimber, three Colt Commanders, a S&W 50th Anniversary Model 29 (Dirty Harry gun) and a Ruger SP-101 later, I discovered that purses and shoes was a better deal. So, don't be as clever as I was! Women can get addicted too - unlike we thought. :bawling:

·
Premium Member
7,725 Posts
So what are you going to do when the New 2010 line of Kimbers come out?
Buy one of each. As we all know by now 1911 by one manufacture are very addicting.........

Clyde

·
Registered
42 Posts
I don't have the disease like the rest of you. But everytime I go to my local gun shop a Compact CDPII tries to jump out and grab my hand. I'm sure I'll have to explain how it "followed" me home from the store someday.:biglaugh:

·
Premium Member
668 Posts
Well - my danged computer went haywire while I was looking at a beautiful Series I Custom CDP and it bought the gun !!!!!!!!! I swear I did not touch the left mouse button or direct the pointer toward the Buy It Now. I think it must have memorized my routines and wanted to exact some kind of cyber-revenge since I spend so little time looking at the Sony Vaio homepage.

I thought about throwing the danged computer in the lake (with you-know-who watching), but then I would have to buy a new one and miss out on a 2010 Kimber.

I got over being mad and all, and realized my old computer is pretty smart after all. Now I have the trifecta of CDP'S, and the big daddy is a pre-Shwarz gun!

See how us addicts lie? Feel the denial? There is no salvation.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts