1911Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this may sound like an AA meeting but here goes...

Hi, my name is Ed, I'm from Oklahoma
and... I finally won an auction on gunbroker!

I was the lucky bidder on a sweet Dan Wesson!

I was on the fence for quite a while couldn't decide on whether to take the plunge into the 1911 world or not. I was really interested in the Kimbers but after reading all the mixed reviews about them I decided to look elsewhere. And the polymer framed guns are just too, I dunno, polymerized? Then I came across the DW CBOB... ...I don't think I've seen one bad review.

Anyway, It better live up to the hype Because I'm stoked and can't wait for it to arrive! :rock:

Sorry if the post sounds like it's all about ME but I'm just... SO HAPPY!!!

·
Registered
8,307 Posts
Welcome to the FORUM. Great place and folks here.

Enjoy that Dan Wesson CBOB. One fine gun.

Be safe, shoot well. :rock:

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
Welcome to the addiction ED! Your AA type comment is spot on and congrats on a great find, that's a great price for 09 DW. Stop by the Dan Wesson sub forum and post some pics for us when you get her. Congratulations again and welcome!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Welcome and congrats! That's a beautiful DW.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Welcome Ed !!! Good for you, your gun illness has started. If your Dan Wesson dosn't live up to hype, try, try again with another brand. Ruger is well built, Coonan is very fun to shoot, S&W, old standby, and so on and so forth. Welcome again.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Welcome! I'm new here also and I love it so far. There's a wealth of knowledge here. :rock:

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
Welcome to a great forum, and congrats on a fantastic gun. Your lucky I was out of gun money, cause I saw that one and thought about bidding on it (but seeing as how I've bought a couple of guns of Gunbroker in the last month or so, the wife would have killed me).

By the way the 2 guns I bought were Kimbers and they are fantastic shooters, which matches my other Kimber.

My Kimber Pro Carry (pre-series II)

And my Kimber TLE II

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Welcome aboard. :biglaugh:

·
Registered
365 Posts
Welcome...might as well be an AA meeting. Perhaps we should call it G. O. A., Gun Owners Anonymous? Not only am I addicted to guns, I am addicted to 1911's. Not only that, I'm addicted to GunBroker.com. I have bought 5 1911 style guns there in the previous two months. My wife is ready to have me committed.

Hey, ya work your butt off for a lifetime and the kids are on their own with their own kids. Why not enjoy what you like to enjoy? Have fun. You only go around once. Good luck with that new 1911.

·
Premium Member
7,725 Posts
Welcome to the Best 1911 Forum on the Internet. As for the DW CBOB great price and glad you won the bid. Check out the DW Part of this forum........

Clyde

·
Registered
344 Posts
Congrats on the new CBOB and welcome to the forum. This place is an absolute wealth of knowledge and good humor. Enjoy and learn. As a new CBOB owner I recommend that you study the Dan Wesson forum and you will learn a lot. Participate when you can:)

·
Premium Member
3,668 Posts
Welcome to the Forum and congrats on a great gun.

Since you're new to the 1911 world, know that your CBOB won't be your last.

1911itis is catchy. You'll learn a lot here.

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Congrats on your first 1911... it won't be your last, now that you've caught the sickness :biglaugh:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts