1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Park, Night sights. WOW this a good gun.
Frame is that green-grey color and the slide is Black Park. I cleaned and lubed it at the range and shot 50 rounds of Blazer through it. Perfect. Now what do I buy with the coupon? I do need to put new grips on it before I start carrying it. The factory ones are beautiful, but too thick and sharp for carry. Any suggestions
Thanks
Guys. Great Guns these springfields!

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Congratulations, I bought mine just a while back, it's a 2000 model so no night sites

Your right about the grips you could almost shave with the ones on mine, that's definitely the first mod I'm doing. Your right they are Great Guns!

Regards SonnyD

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
You guys in Texas know what that "bull nettle thistle" does to skin...That's what my grips from my Champ did to me...Did the same thing as always...220 garnet followed by 4/0 steel...smoothas a babys butt.
Picked up 3-4 pair of different grips and don't like any of the new ones as much as the issue now...Mine are STILL butt-ugly...but smooth

------------------
>>>>>>>>>>g2<<<<<<<<<<

MWLWN LABE!

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Handled one of these night sighted Champions in stainless today, and it was one sweet gun. Believe SA has it together so far on these guns.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I need to put new grips on mine too. The checkering is just to sharp for me. I'm thinking of maybe Rosewood. I tried the one's off my Kimber Heritage and it really made the little Champion look nice.
Regards SonnyD

·
Registered
91 Posts
One of the local gun shops I deal with offered me a $20 trade-in on the cocobolo grips off my Springfield.

May trade for a set of slim rosewood grips for my Champion or (cringe) try what Gyp_c suggested and let the saw dust fly!

Either way, smooth is cool and slim is in...

Sounds like you done good Matt!
- Safe shooting with that new Springfield.

·
Registered
696 Posts
While purchasing My newest addition(Springfield Loaded Series)today I thought of Your posts regarding these sharp edged grips. At first I thought it was the grip frame corners.I think instead of sand paper I'll swap them out for something else.tom.

------------------
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Those are some good looking grips there in your picture! I just found out the "good" gun show is in town this weekend so I'm planning on going and seeing if I can find a pair., I think I'll just save the originals and if my RAZOR breaks, I'll have them for spares
, If I get a pair, and can figure out how to post a picture on here I post one. Everyone have a GREAT DAY!
Regards SonnyD

1 - 12 of 12 Posts