1911Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Without a magazine of course, but it does include Magpul iron sights. I believe that’s pretty light comparing it to my Colt LE6960 5.56 weighing 6.4 lbs.
Wood Floor Line Office supplies Office equipment

·
Premium Member
Prefer Commanders
3,263 Posts
Nice job. I see you used the handguard with a full length R1 rail which I feel adds stiffness with not much additional weight. I have built several 15s using AP receiver sets and S1 handguards. I have a lower DPMS pattern 10 receiver just waiting on a barrel and handguard..

What barrel did you go with and length? Ballistic Advantage is owned by AP and I have several barrels in use now

I went with a 6.5 Grendel for my medium carbine and rifles to save the weight and stay in a 15 platform. I started the Grendel kick right before Wilson announced their 300 Hammr. I kinda wished I had waited now but I am knee deep in Grendel components.

you will be glad of the weight if you go rapid fire. Let us know how well it performs for you. I bet it is a winner!

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice job. I see you used the handguard with a full length R1 rail which I feel adds stiffness with not much additional weight. I have built several 15s using AP receiver sets and S1 handguards. I have a lower DPMS pattern 10 receiver just waiting on a barrel and handguard..

What barrel did you go with and length? Ballistic Advantage is owned by AP and I have several barrels in use now

I went with a 6.5 Grendel for my medium carbine and rifles to save the weight and stay in a 15 platform. I started the Grendel kick right before Wilson announced their 300 Hammr. I kinda wished I had waited now but I am knee deep in Grendel components.

you will be glad of the weight if you go rapid fire. Let us know how well it performs for you. I bet it is a winner!
I chose the Ballistics Advantage 16” government profile barrel. I wanted to keep it AP components, other than the sights and a Rise Armament LE145 cassette trigger. I love that trigger, for $125 it is a great compromise between price and performance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts