1911Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

· Registered
13,728 Posts
I may have things laying around. Sometimes I stumble across and, "Oh, look. Good".
This is just funny….”that’s where it went”, “I knew I had that somewhere”, “how did that get over here”……in almost every case, “it” had been moved from its normal place of constant reminder, to somewhere hidden…..by the woman of the house!!

· Registered
134 Posts
When I started collecting a few C&R weapons, it led to gathering a bunch of .30 and .50 caliber ammo cans which necessitated the creation of a spreadsheet to track exactly what was stored where.
As long as I am diligent about updating it after acquisitions or range trips, a quick glance is all that is needed to keep abreast of my current inventory, and what needs replenishing. This has allowed me to buy for my needs on the dips in the recent market.
I also use the same spreadsheet to track my reloads and component supply. Again, updating it after each loading session is required to track inventory and needs accurately.
One .50 caliber can is still marked for miscellaneous ammo. It is mostly filled with ammo for which I currently own only one or no weapons, along with excess rounds for a few calibers that do not fit in their own specifically marked cans.
My ammo inventory reflects what I own. More toys in a particular caliber, means more ammo is kept on hand.
I do not ever think anyone can ever have too much ammo. What I don't shoot can be used for barter, and may soon be more accepted than currency.

· Registered
202 Posts
I usually bought an extra box or two to put back when I’d buy ammo to shoot. Have been doing that for over 40 years. It adds up after awhile. Have more than enough for this life and probably enough for the next. Same with reloading supplies. If I needed a box of powder, primers, or bullets, I’d buy an extra for stash. My reasoning was those things in the future would be unavailable or very expensive. It has turned out to be that way.

Rectangle Packaging and labeling Carton Box Font

· Registered
202 Posts
🤣 Yes, that was a few years ago. They were a pretty new thing back then. Didn’t shoot too many. Pretty stout load and loud in a Model 29 4”. That was long before ear protection. Didn’t keep it long. Wish I still had it.

· Registered
806 Posts
I have cans with quite a bit of 45acp and 9mm loaded with regular lead bullets. At a point I started using the hitech coated bullets and just haven't bothered to shoot the old lead. I also have boxes of non coated lead bullets to use at some point.

· Registered
422 Posts
We moved last spring after being in a place for 32 years. I found stuff that I forgot about. Thats a good thing but one thinks they will remember but not so good sometimes. 1000 new 44 magnum cases, 1000 .429 JHP bullets, new 45 Colt brass, new 44-40 brass, ..............

21 - 30 of 30 Posts