1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I put night sights and a new BCP hard use trigger in it. Trigger was cake, I had no idea it would be so easy. Sights were much harder than I thought they would be...I'm glad I did the work myself but holy crap, those things are unbelievably tight! I ended up buying a stupid sight pusher, the P-500 or whatever. Worked pretty good, I guess I'll do my other Kimber then sell the tool. I suppose I should be able to get most of my money back...

All thats left to do is install a steel MSH, and possibly get the slide hard chromed...can't decide...

ETA: There fixed pic size...

·
Banned
7,485 Posts
Steel mainspring housing? You can also fit flat lead plates under the grips to add weight to the pistol assuming that's your goal. :biglaugh: This critter weighs about 23oz with thin AlumaGrips.

What sights on yours? Mine has XS24/7 tritiums. Had to use the same tool you did. Easier than sawing them off as I had to do before I bought the tool.

Even after all the trouble I had with the Ultra IIe this Ultra II is darn near my favorite carry pistol.

-- Chuck

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
okay okay, metal mainspring housing. I have the meprolight sights on it, I bought them from impact guns for $72. Pretty good price. How do you like that lowered safety on yours?

Yup, my UC is definitely a great gun...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts