1911Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a Custom Eclipse II today. It sits next to my two week old Ultra CDP, and my one year old Pro Elite. I'm starting to become a Kimber addict. I sure hope I'm not running the risk of getting a lemon, what with all the Kimbers I now own!!! The Pro Elite has been great. I haven't even shot the Ultra CDP yet. I did take down the Eclipse awhile ago and shot the recoil spring plug around the room!! HAHAHA I've got to stop buying guns!!!

Any comments on the Custom Eclipse II?? Reliability? What's the frame made of? Stainless steel or Aluminum?

Thanks guys!!!

------------------
God Bless America!!

Danny
NRA, NAHC, Buckmasters

·
Registered
582 Posts
IT's made from S.S. HEAVY but you can give it to your great grand kids. Should last forever. I bought one about 3 months ago. Very accurate, Trigger is a little gritty. I have five Kimbers now. LOVE them all. I have a STAINLESS COVERT SN#KSC0034 I wouldn't sell for any amout of money.

·
Registered
416 Posts
retracted

[This message has been edited by Gargoyle (edited 11-25-2001).]

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gargoyle,

I've had a Glock. You can keep it!

------------------
God Bless America!!

Danny
NRA, NAHC, Buckmasters

·
Registered
892 Posts
Originally posted by Gargoyle:
Don't get so damn giddy about Kimbers. Customer service sucks as well as their night sights. Do yourself a favor and return your Ultra CDP in for a new night sight replacement before it fails you in a deadly force confrontation.

or buy a Glock.
Dude,

If you don't like Kimbers, don't post here. Danny happens to like all of his, hasn't had any problems with them, and didn't ask for the crap you just left here.

If we wanted to talk about Glocks here, the place would be called www.tupperware.com.

·
Registered
416 Posts
retracted

·
Registered
892 Posts
Originally posted by Gargoyle:
Listen...
I can post anything I want in a forum whether it be for or against anything. Freedom of speech.
Not. This is a private site with Terms of Use. You have consented to those terms and you may be removed from the site at any time. http://www.1911forum.com/legal.shtm

I have a Kimber CDP and like it except for the fact that their customer service sucks. In addition, the company knows that their nght sights fail. They should post a recall, but like a shady New York business, they are trying to dodge the problem. Had my CDP in to the shop twice in the last two months for other repairs and the company didn't replace the night sights.
That is your definition of "Customer Service Sucks"?! You mean you sent in your gun for a different problem that they fixed and they should have read your mind and turned off the lights to check your sights for you before they returned your gun back?

Now I am faced with yet another delima. Already spent $70 in shipping, not looking forward to paying another $35 to have it sent in for the third time within 90 days.
You paid $900 for a gun. It doesn't work right. You sent it back twice and you are not demanding your shipping costs be refunded? Have you even told Kimber you are upset about that? It really sounds like you are having a problem communicating in general.

I've never had to send in a H$K or Glock. and they cost $500 less.
I have never had to send in my Kimbers either. Does that mean no one else has sent in a Glock or an HK? I already know that answer. It is a very strong "No". There are very well known and documented issues with Glocks, but it really doesn't matter because THIS IS A KIMBER FORUM.

Irregardless of the problems *YOU* are having, this was Danny's post about comments on the Eclipse. I see nothing relevant to that topic he asked for comments on that you have posted. The only thing I have seen is that you are bitching and moaning about Kimber because you are unhappy they aren't reading your mind. Which, is pretty much uncalled for considering I see you have already created your own thread.

I didn't come to Danny's thread to read about yours.

·
Registered
416 Posts
retracted

·
Registered
287 Posts
Gargoyle,
I have often read and learned a great deal from your posts on this forum. You and I actually have shared similar viewpoints on many threads where we have both replied. I understand that you are very unhappy about Kimber's Customer Service. You have every right to be. I would be enraged as well.

Now, by replying to Danny 45's post with such negativity you have started senseless bickering. If you want to troll, go troll somewhere else.

let us get back on our favorite topic-1911's!

good shootin', gunny

·
Registered
8 Posts
Getting back to Danny wanting input on Custom Eclipse reliability. I have shot 1500 rds. of hardball through mine without one FTF or FTE so far, using both the kimber mag and a Wilson 47D. My nite sights are still working (knock on wood). I noticed my serial# was 3 away from the Eclipse that was reviewed in Shooting Times, maybe they took special care in QC for that batch?! Regardless, I absolutely love this pistol and am glad I bought it before all the negative posts came out on it or I may have passed on buying it and would be out of all the enjoyment and shooting pleasure it has faithfully provided me. The only problem I have had with the Eclipse is the link pin loosened up and dropped the barrel link when I was removing the slide from the frame. Kimber service rep (Dennis, I think) said send the barrel back to them and they would reseat a new link and pin, which they did. I hope you have as much sucess with your Eclipse as I have had with mine! Enjoy it!!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you Gentlemen. I love the pistol and only hope I don't have any problems with them. But if I do, you can bet Kimber will hear about it after buying 3 of them in the past year.

Thanks again!

------------------
God Bless America!!

Danny
NRA, NAHC, Buckmasters

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have an Ultra Eclipse II. After about 500 rounds, my front sight is dark. I have a chip out of the scallop by the extractor and the black finish hasn't held up very well. I am sending the pistol back for service. I guess I will have to see how that goes.

·
Registered
21 Posts
i also recently bought a eclipse II it ran perfictly untill about the 600 round mark. then i started to have ftf trouble, k2 sports in dallas took a look at it polished the ramp and chamber and i havent had any trouble with it sinse . whin i got this gun it did not have night sites after a call to c/s (winslo is the guys name i delt with) they told me to send in the slide and put them on no charge .my only real complaint is the finish is wearing off badly.

[This message has been edited by B.K.Robison (edited 11-27-2001).]

·
Registered
1 Posts
Kimber Stainless Covert

I love my Stainless Covert. I have also noticed that the trigger has a little rough spot in it (most people wouldn't notice, but I do). Although the pistol is heavy (weighs more empty than my Walther P99 does full!) at 33oz, it feels good in the hand. It is extremely well balanced and shoots great. Double taps are no problem with this pistol. Recoil is low for a .45 cal pistol. BTW, my covert isn't for sale either. Good luck finding one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts