Discussion Starter #1
Here is the info on the pistol.

1911 Colt
SN 1349X
Very small sights.
"Brown plastic grips
Lanyard ring
Some rust but not bad
Some marking on the right side of the slide, can not make them out.
Colt horse on grips and on the left back corner of the slide.
Two army holster. One called a tanker holster. And one with a flap. Both marked US Army. Both well used.

What do I have?
Thanks, Guys
40ford

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
post some close up pics of the gun. Especially the roll marks

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't know how to post pictures

I was wrong on Colt horse on the grips they are plain.
It is another pistol I got from the estate that I am cleaning up.
Thanks,
40ford

·
Registered
21,856 Posts
So far it looks like you have either a late 1912 Colt or a 1919 UMC receiver with a Colt slide.

Any rust is bad.
Illegible roll marks show extreme wear, very heavy sandblast for arsenal refurbishment, or Bubba Buffing.
Brown plastic grips are WWII era replacements.

Show close clear pictures.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You can not see much of the roll marks on right side

Left side is a lot better.
Also the hammer is not the thin spur. It is wide like the Colt Revolver that I got also.
40ford

·
Premium Member
3,253 Posts
How to Post Pics - 1 Way

I was wrong on Colt horse on the grips they are plain.
It is another pistol I got from the estate that I am cleaning up.
Thanks,
40ford
1. Take pics of your gat
2.Save 'em to your computer
3. Go to www.photobucket.com and join - no cost, no ads
4. Upload all of your pics
5. After uploading, click on a pic. On the right side of the pic, you'll see an area captioned "Share Links"
6. Double click on the link labeled "IMG" - you are copying the link
7. Come back to the forum, decide where you want the pic to appear,press "Control" and "V" at the same time and you're done.
8. Repeat for all of the pics.

You can get some info here http://www.colt.com/CustomerServices/SerialNumberLookup.aspx Colt lists your gun as 1912 frame. Can't say anything about the slide but once you post some pics there will likely be 20 or 30 people who can ID it for you.

·
Registered
265 Posts
oldtimer4440

Left side is a lot better.
Also the hammer is not the thin spur. It is wide like the Colt Revolver that I got also.
40ford
From what you have described, depending on how much you paid, and how mechanically sound the gun is, you have a shooter. Bargain or expensive depends. I would not hazard a guess with what you posted. Wish you the best of luck.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Use imgur.com to host your images.

Photo bucket kills images if they are viewed too often "exceed bandwidth" which makes a lot of old useful threads worthless because both the images and the original poster are long gone.

Looking forward to photos.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Use imgur.com to host your images.

Photo bucket kills images if they are viewed too often "exceed bandwidth" which makes a lot of old useful threads worthless because both the images and the original poster are long gone.

Looking forward to photos.
Definitely, you don't even need an account and you can drag and drop the image files onto the website

·
Administrator
73,018 Posts
You can upload pictures directly to the forum. When drafting a new message just look at the box below the message window where it says "Additional Options", see where there's a box marked "Manage Attachments", and upload the files directly from your hard drive.

·
Registered
33 Posts
It would be great to see photos.

·
Premium Member
15,350 Posts
Does the pistol look gray (Parkerized) or blued? My guess is its a refinished rebuild. If it's in the same configuration/condition as when it left the arsenal, it could be worth a grand or so. If original except for the grips, probably about twice that.

·
Premium Member
3,253 Posts
You can upload pictures directly to the forum. When drafting a new message just look at the box below the message window where it says "Additional Options", see where there's a box marked "Manage Attachments", and upload the files directly from your hard drive.
You have to click "Go Advanced" to be able to do that. Thanks for the info DSK. I knew there had to be a way to upload pics directly but when I asked a year or two ago, I got no responses. That's how I ended up on photobucket. Direct upload makes everything easier.

·
Administrator
73,018 Posts
I don't need to click on Advanced options, it's right there. Maybe it's an Admin thing? :scratch:

·
Registered
193 Posts
My go to photo upload is Photobucket. Free and easy even a 10 year old could use. All it takes is 5 minutes for us to enjoy some photos...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts