1911Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got my first LB. After wait about 3 months my SRP finally got here. There are a few thing I would like help with though. What ammo is the best for break in and how many rounds? Does the accuracy get better after break in. The SRP is suppose to shoot 2 1/2 inch groups at 50 yards, but the best I could do from a rest is 1 7/8 at 25 yards. The pistol functions great but it is far from 2.5 groups at fifty yards. More like 4 inches.:scratch:

·
Registered
745 Posts
break-in

They recommend Federal American Eagle 230 gr. FMJ, which i used for 600 rounds, the rest of mine was WWB. About 1000 rounds and things loosen up a bit. Can't speak to accuracy gains. Don't worry about cleaning too thoroughly during this period, keep it well oiled, maybe use a boresnake every 100 rounds or so.
Ed

·
Banned
49 Posts
XRING1 said:
Thank you for the reply. I'll try some american eagle ammo and see.

I agree with the Ammo Loads. I do very well with Winchester White Box through my TRS.

·
Registered
503 Posts
The only way you can truly test the accuracy of your Baer is to put it in a ransom rest thats attached to a good solid base. Shooting from a sandbag or from some other type of rest is not accurate enough. It leaves too much room for human error. Baer claims that the SRP will shoot 2.5" groups @ 50 yards w/ remington golden saber 230gr and federal hydra shoks 230 gr.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.