1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I just got my first kimber pistol. It was my first 1911 pistol as well. Right now I have been carrying a sig 226 in .40 cal. I have been looking and looking at kimbers. I didn't know which one I wanted. I would go back and forth. I didn't know which model or if I wanted a 5 inch or a 4 inch. I had it narrowed down to the pro carry hd, and the custom tle. I ended up with the pro carry hd. Do you think I made a bad decission. Any info whether good or bad would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,670 Posts
archerer,

Congratulations and good luck with it.:rock:

It all comes down to how much you enjoy it. Post some pics and
a range report when you get a chance.

Welcome to the forum!

Chris

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
Archerer, you did good! You'll find that shooting a 1911 is a little different that any other semi auto pistol. For me, it just fits my hand perfectly. Just practice the fundamentals and you'll do just fine. I've got a Kimber or two, and carry two of them (not at the same time). That should say something.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys........It will be a while before I carry this one. I want to get verry familiar with it, and of course break it in. I will try to get to the range this week. I am not sure if I am going to regret getting the 4 inch as opposed to the 5 inch, but hey I come to a good solution to that. I can save up and by thet 5 inch next. I am a genious.............lol

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey I shot my kimber today for the first time. I really liked it. I ran 200 rounds though it. It was accurate for me. I shot it real well. I don't shoot that well but it shot better than anything I have shot. This is the first .45 I have owned. Out of 200 rounds I think I had two ftf. I am going to shoot another 300 rounds or so before I start carrying though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts