1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
13,565 Posts
Remember this:

Half the people in the world have a below average IQ.

·
Registered
7,432 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,683 Posts
Belt through the trigger guard, hold on while I take my belt off to defend myself.
Followed by, ooopsm y shorts fell down and I’m going commando today! Hey, maybe not a bad tactic, we will have to wait for actual figures on this but this could be a huge advancement in self defense!!

·
Administrator
72,451 Posts
No, but they could jerk it up then down and shoot the idiot in the foot. I'm assuming this is a picture from a US military base or government building somewhere, as only a grunt or government employee would be carrying a Beretta with that much wear on it. My dad used to share stories of some of the dangerous and idiotic gun handling he saw when he was in the Army Air Force back in the late 1940s, and I suspect all these years later things haven't really changed. At least this dude has the safety engaged, making it even safer for the rest of us.

·
Registered
413 Posts
No, but they could jerk it up then down and shoot the idiot in the foot. I'm assuming this is a picture from a US military base or government building somewhere, as only a grunt or government employee would be carrying a Beretta with that much wear on it. My dad used to share stories of some of the dangerous and idiotic gun handling he saw when he was in the Army Air Force back in the late 1940s, and I suspect all these years later things haven't really changed. At least this dude has the safety engaged, making it even safer for the rest of us.
My favorite was my dad's from his days in the USAAF, I think on Guam. Another flight crewman had pulled a machine gun from the nose of a B-25 and took inside to set it down on a bench inside the hangar. My dad said something didn't look right but before he could ask if the action had been cleared, the gun discharged, sending a .50 caliber bullet down the length of the bench and out the back of the hangar, just missing the maintenance officer by about a foot. That was when things got ugly. :biglaugh:

·
Administrator
72,451 Posts
My favorite was my dad's from his days in the USAAF, I think on Guam. Another flight crewman had pulled a machine gun from the nose of a B-25 and took inside to set it down on a bench inside the hangar. My dad said something didn't look right but before he could ask if the action had been cleared, the gun discharged, sending a .50 caliber bullet down the length of the bench and out the back of the hangar, just missing the maintenance officer by about a foot. That was when things got ugly. :biglaugh:
Well my dad missed getting his head blown off by just a few inches when a careless GI playing around with his M1 Carbine fired it by mistake. And another time a couple of bored guys on guard duty decided to have a quick draw contest with their 1911s, and one of them forgot to check his weapon which proved fatal to the other. And that's not counting the guys who completely forgot everything they were taught in basic and couldn't remember the right way to insert a magazine. Of course in the Army Air Force most personnel didn't normally handle small arms so the level of proficiency wasn't what it was in the infantry.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Remember this:

Half the people in the world have a below average IQ.
Don't be too critical. Friends and family are very likely included in this.

On the other side of the bell curve, some of the "hi IQ" are those that are simply good at IQ tests.

-

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I still say we need to remove all the warning labels.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts