1911Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
14,128 Posts
The lies that leftists will tell….

And the other leftist fools will believe…

·
Registered
5,624 Posts
I can understand their position and their need to have a safe-space in which to come to grips with their feelings and cope with the aftermath. Let's face it, not all verdicts are so easy to process. Take me for example, I'm still having a devil of a time coming to grips with the fallout from the Scopes Monkey Trial. It's been a few years, and still, hardly a month goes by where I don't have to spend at least a day or two alone, up in the tree-house, processing my feelings. Just the thought of Joe Mendi walking around makes me break out in a cold sweat...... Oh, the humanity!!!! I can't type anymore...... Off I go to the tree house! Where did I leave my King Kong plush toy????? :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
15,980 Posts
havanajim - thanks for that chuckle!

Reactions: chrysanthemum

·
Registered
14,128 Posts
I confess I had to look up Scopes Monkey Trial.

That’s a good one Havanajim. I’ll vote post of the day.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
If you isolate people and allow them to process something that upsets them with people who agree with them, they are just going to get more hard core about how they feel about it.

If you put them in with people who have opposing beliefs, all they will do is scream at each other and both sides will get more hard core.

The majority of people now don't know how to discuss or argue about something without screaming, hate, and unreason.

Which is why I fear for our country, and Western Civilization.

·
Registered
5,624 Posts
The art of discourse - as with reading comprehension, penmanship, and critical thinking - having been deemed obsolete by academia, is no longer taught in schools. How can one debate intelligently if one does not know how to, nor has any basis of knowledge or experience upon which to base their argument if they were to attempt a debate? Ranting and raving in the face of an opposing view has become acceptable for some reason. Yes, schools do bear the lion's share of the responsibility for this catastrophe, but parents are to blame as well - detached, distracted, and disinterested parents.

There's hardly anything new under the sun. The requirements for a society to function effectively and to prosper have not changed since the beginning. Certain constructs must be maintained and passed on from generation to generation. I fear that we are devolving at a faster rate than any of us believed possible. We're living in a perfect storm - one of systemic apathy, endemic laziness, and abject stupidity - on a Biblical scale. Will we survive? My money is on NO, but the fight is worth it, nonetheless. It's our sacred duty to do all we can to right the ship. If it still sinks regardless, well, so be it, but at least we can say that we didn't go out with a whimper.

·
Super Moderator
15,980 Posts
If you isolate people and allow them to process something that upsets them with people who agree with them, they are just going to get more hard core about how they feel about it.

If you put them in with people who have opposing beliefs, all they will do is scream at each other and both sides will get more hard core.

The majority of people now don't know how to discuss or argue about something without screaming, hate, and unreason.

Which is why I fear for our country, and Western Civilization.
I think this is by design for the last 25 years or so. I remember when I went to school in the 60's, we had discussions and debates without all the "shouting down" of opposing views (courtesy), but that (courtesy) is one of the first casualties of Marxism. By the mid 80's, the "shouting down" had been taught and is the norm today. And if you get handed your butt in a difference of viewpoint, go to a safe-space to get more hard-fixed in your own (or commiserate with others of like mind to do the same), which only serves the purpose of validating skewed viewpoints and create more distinct division of factionalism - that's what Marxists do to cause dissention, confusion, division, Balkanization, and take power in the moral vacuum.

Reactions: Crab Boy and RonS

·
Super Moderator
15,980 Posts
The art of discourse - as with reading comprehension, penmanship, and critical thinking - having been deemed obsolete by academia, is no longer taught in schools. How can one debate intelligently if one does not know how to, nor has any basis of knowledge or experience upon which to base their argument if they were to attempt a debate? Ranting and raving in the face of an opposing view has become acceptable for some reason. Yes, schools do bear the lion's share of the responsibility for this catastrophe, but parents are to blame as well - detached, distracted, and disinterested parents.

There's hardly anything new under the sun. The requirements for a society to function effectively and to prosper have not changed since the beginning. Certain constructs must be maintained and passed on from generation to generation. I fear that we are devolving at a faster rate than any of us believed possible. We're living in a perfect storm - one of systemic apathy, endemic laziness, and abject stupidity - on a Biblical scale. Will we survive? My money is on NO, but the fight is worth it, nonetheless. It's our sacred duty to do all we can to right the ship. If it still sinks regardless, well, so be it, but at least we can say that we didn't go out with a whimper.
Spot on. Removing the moral compass was required in breaking up the family unit concept, where most of civilization gets their basic constructs for dealing with a truthful society. Without the family unit basis, the moral compass (in a general societal context) breaks down, and the vacuum it creates is filled with "relative morality" which serves no civilization well. The founders of this country recognized that this Constitutional Republic form of government could only exist in a country of "moral men" (their words). Once we allowed that "moral compass" to be broken, the family unit and everything else that comes from them (moral compass and fundamental teaching of how to live productively and happily in a society) degraded; I'm not betting on a reversal of direction, but I'm going to work for it nonetheless.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
SOOOOOOoooooo, Lil Jimmy and Lil Suzy are Traumatized by a Legal Verdict Issued By The Courts (Even though They don't like it). And you're going to Give them "Crying Rooms" to Deal with it... View attachment 623316 You Seriously Cannot make this Crap Up
Actually, no, they're not. It's not "Lil Jimmy and Lil Suzy," it's "little" Henry Turner, the wee principal of that high school that is "traumatized" by a legal verdict. Paraphrasing Jack Nicholson from "A Few Good Men," Henry Turner can't handle the truth. The school board and the parents should get him terminated as principal for violating social norms and fairness when he injected his personal "opinions" and biased racism into the high school that he oversees. His ignorance and biases are oppressing the innocent students of the high school.

·
Registered
5,624 Posts
Actually, no, they're not. It's not "Lil Jimmy and Lil Suzy," it's "little" Henry Turner, the wee principal of that high school that is "traumatized" by a legal verdict. Paraphrasing Jack Nicholson from "A Few Good Men," Henry Turner can't handle the truth. The school board and the parents should get him terminated as principal for violating social norms and fairness when he injected his personal "opinions" and biased racism into the high school that he oversees. His ignorance and biases are oppressing the innocent students of the high school.
I agree. I wasn't kidding the other day when I wrote that we must ridicule and marginalize these people when they dare to rear their heads and demand to be taken seriously. Our collective reply should be - must be: "You, sir, are an idiot. Your beliefs are both foolish and dangerous, and run contrary to those of our society. As such, you must not be entrusted with our children's education." The school should be inundated with thousands upon thousands of letters demanding that this imbecile either man up or step aside. Sooner or later - probably later - folks will come to realize that the fountain from which much of this stupidity flows IS our education system!!!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.