1911Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
26,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
The art of discourse - as with reading comprehension, penmanship, and critical thinking - having been deemed obsolete by academia, is no longer taught in schools. How can one debate intelligently if one does not know how to, nor has any basis of knowledge or experience upon which to base their argument if they were to attempt a debate? Ranting and raving in the face of an opposing view has become acceptable for some reason. Yes, schools do bear the lion's share of the responsibility for this catastrophe, but parents are to blame as well - detached, distracted, and disinterested parents.

There's hardly anything new under the sun. The requirements for a society to function effectively and to prosper have not changed since the beginning. Certain constructs must be maintained and passed on from generation to generation. I fear that we are devolving at a faster rate than any of us believed possible. We're living in a perfect storm - one of systemic apathy, endemic laziness, and abject stupidity - on a Biblical scale. Will we survive? My money is on NO, but the fight is worth it, nonetheless. It's our sacred duty to do all we can to right the ship. If it still sinks regardless, well, so be it, but at least we can say that we didn't go out with a whimper.
We are setting ourselves up for some Hitler/Stalin/Pol Pot wannabe. Trump had allusions along those lines, and it was clear to see.

·
Registered
26,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
This country with no moral foundation is doomed !
Unless there are enough good people left with the moral conviction to set things right. But with all of the gloom and doomers that I see showing up even here. I question the ultimate outcome.

·
Registered
10,238 Posts
Unless there are enough good people left with the moral conviction to set things right. But with all of the gloom and doomers that I see showing up even here. I question the ultimate outcome.
Stories like this would make anyone a doom and gloomer. Moral conviction? In America today, that gets you cancelled or put on a terrorist list.

·
Super Moderator
15,986 Posts
This country with no moral foundation is doomed !
Our biggest problem, IMHO, is that the moral compass is not pointing north nor pointing south - it is spinning rapidly in a circle. This is the effect of relative morality that creates the moral vacuum that evil will fill. With the compass spinning rapidly, the direction is always lost.

·
Registered
547 Posts
We are setting ourselves up for some Hitler/Stalin/Pol Pot wannabe. Trump had allusions along those lines, and it was clear to see.
Yes. He did mention we were setting ourselves up for that type of leadership to be able to move in, and sure enough they're trying based on the actions I've seen in the last year.

·
Registered
10,238 Posts
Yes. He did mention we were setting ourselves up for that type of leadership to be able to move in, and sure enough they're trying based on the actions I've seen in the last year.
They have moved in. They are the ones pulling Biden's wires. Everything they are doing from opening the border, to destroying our energy sources, to making the dollar worthless, to inciting hatred of white people, to wrecking the military, to criminalizing political differences, etc., etc., is being done to ultimately bring down the country and enslave us.

·
Administrator
76,500 Posts
Sorry guys, gonna have to close this one. Not really gun or 2A-related. Besides, I think we all pretty much agree on the subject anyway.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.